HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2014, 05:11 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae freak View Post
Thanks Chris...already have fitted 4000 Mah packs,gyro wires extended,removed the lightest gyro weight,Traxxas Summit BB rear shock,front fork mod done,stator reduced to remove wheel slop,Mamba Max esc,4250 kv 4 pole motor,upgraded servo...will upgrade to sr4 tyres after i smoke the stock tread...Bring on a dry weekend !! Will get some 3 way action happening soon !
Cool mate, sounds like you've been busy. Look forward to seeing some action. I have had my shafts snap on the shocks fitted to the front forks, just something to watch, ideally they need a little more support I think. Fitting a steering damper makes the steering more reactive and feels nicer to me.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 02:10 AM
Australia, SA, Fairview Park
Joined Apr 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I think Chris had a problem with the chain tensioners in the plastic swing arm & had a mod for it as well, i am using an ARX alloy swing arm which have grub screws for the tensioners as you would know, Hobbyking have cheap QRF alloy swing arms for the Phantom with the same set up as well.

Cool sounds like you have it ready to go that set up should run great, have your mates done the mods to theirs as well,? i fitted a 4000kv motor to mine & it was a nice improvement from the 3500kv, the Phantom tyres throw a mean roost i did like that about the stock tyres.
Look forward to seeing the 3 way action lol.
One mate's is finished...he is running a 6.5 turn ...hope it won't run too hot,and the other one is well on the way/nearly complete as well. Bloody weather over here is sunny when i'm at work/raining on the weekends...at least we can use all your advice to improve our bikes whilst the rain falls.
ae freak is offline Find More Posts by ae freak
Old Jul 03, 2014, 02:23 AM
Australia, SA, Fairview Park
Joined Apr 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Cool mate, sounds like you've been busy. Look forward to seeing some action. I have had my shafts snap on the shocks fitted to the front forks, just something to watch, ideally they need a little more support I think. Fitting a steering damper makes the steering more reactive and feels nicer to me.
There's always something to do "in the shed"lol. I'll keep an eye on the shock shafts...thanks. Probably won't be jumping as extreeeeme as you for a while !! As long as she handles the "flat track" and a few smaller jumps i'll be happy. (for a while). I might get a steering damper ordered...I see 2 wheeled hobbies still has the mm450 steering damper in stock...is that one the way to go ? Cheers,Troy.
ae freak is offline Find More Posts by ae freak
Old Jul 03, 2014, 05:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae freak View Post
There's always something to do "in the shed"lol. I'll keep an eye on the shock shafts...thanks. Probably won't be jumping as extreeeeme as you for a while !! As long as she handles the "flat track" and a few smaller jumps i'll be happy. (for a while). I might get a steering damper ordered...I see 2 wheeled hobbies still has the mm450 steering damper in stock...is that one the way to go ? Cheers,Troy.
Yea there's always something to do for sure. I think mine broke in a cartwheel, jumping they worked well. Both TJ and I are using the MM damper and it seems quite good and easy to fit with very little modification. Just make sure to order the complete damper from Bruce. Also use plenty of loctite on all metal thread screws on the bike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:42 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
@CH - Hey I was going to just post a tip to for the sr4 tire and insert on the site. Would you mind I use a photo you posted a few pgs back where you made inserts (green color)?

@TJ - Does the sr4 tire/insert work better on the arx wheel like it does for this bike? Curious if tried it. I would include the arx bike in the tip I mentioned right above.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,732 Posts
Yes mate, the ARX has the same wheel shell as the Phantom & the SR4 tyre with buggy insert is the way to go for both bikes.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:32 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
Cool. So the sr4 tire has more space inside for insert then, or is it just a better tire, both?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:50 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Cool. So the sr4 tire has more space inside for insert then, or is it just a better tire, both?
I would say both, i have only ever used the 1 ARX tyre that was on the bike & it didn't seem to last long, the ARX tyre is a softer compound but it did lose it's knobs pretty quick from memory & you can't run an insert with them.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
@CH - Hey I was going to just post a tip to for the sr4 tire and insert on the site. Would you mind I use a photo you posted a few pgs back where you made inserts (green color)?

@TJ - Does the sr4 tire/insert work better on the arx wheel like it does for this bike? Curious if tried it. I would include the arx bike in the tip I mentioned right above.
No worries John, use whatever pics you want.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:07 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Some drift fun with the bikes.
Ken Roczen replica and Phantom 400 RC MX drifting mix (3 min 29 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 10:02 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,732 Posts

Phantom 400 RC Dirt Bike (7 min 4 sec)
Old Today, 04:51 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cool vid mate , nearly pulled off that backflip on the flat lol.
RCG Plus Member