HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:13 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
[QUOTE=Nitro_Nancy;23561221]Hey guys! Thanks for the honest feedback and we are well aware of the improvements that need to be made. Here is a interesting video to take a look at.
For the customers who need further assistance with their orders I will be waiting patiently to help you guys out! [QUOTE]

Thank you. At least there is an admission that improvements need to be made. Let us hope they will be made. The BBB video is a defense but it does little in the face of multiple customer complaints launched both here and on another hobby based web site. The video cited companies large and small that had a handful of complaints with the BBB. Hobby Partz has significantly more than a handful. There has been no evidence presented accusing the BBB of attempting to extort money from Hobby Partz.

We hope for a better managed company in the next year.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
Hey joshc147,
We're sorry about the inconvenience. What is your order number so I may further assist you? If you don't have your order number, I can look it up through your email and zip code. Please PM all the information. Thanks!
Just got a chance to chat with a customer service representative online. A simple answer "they are too busy to refund my order" and then dropped the chatting.
It's been a month since they failed my order.
joshc147 is offline Find More Posts by joshc147
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:01 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc147 View Post
just got a chance to chat with a customer service representative online. A simple answer "they are too busy to refund my order" and then dropped the chatting.
It's been a month since they failed my order.
sigh....
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
586 Posts
Status Update

Hey Josh,
We sincerely apologize for the service you have received. We have cancelled your order, and have refunded $35.38 for your order from HobbyPartz. Do you remember who you spoke to on chat?
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:23 AM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
Hey Josh,
We sincerely apologize for the service you have received. We have cancelled your order, and have refunded $35.38 for your order from HobbyPartz. Do you remember who you spoke to on chat?
Very appreciate your support here. I should've kept the chatting record. i've talked to couple representatives and can't remember their name. It's interesting why the online customer service can't be as efficient as here.
joshc147 is offline Find More Posts by joshc147
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:02 AM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Whenever I try to go to the Hobbypartz website of the Nitroplanes website, I now get automatically directed to the Google website. Any of you other guys seeing this? This occurs whether I type in the address directly or try to go via an e-mail from them. It's as if they no longer exist.
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,030 Posts
nope.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/
D_FAST is online now Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Jan 2011
586 Posts
Website

Try using a different browser or restart your current one. Let me know if that works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermh View Post
Whenever I try to go to the Hobbypartz website of the Nitroplanes website, I now get automatically directed to the Google website. Any of you other guys seeing this? This occurs whether I type in the address directly or try to go via an e-mail from them. It's as if they no longer exist.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
I ALSO made a grand error and ordered somthing from Hobbypartz.com and same experience ... no order updates received by me...ZERO customer service/support.

Their phone support <took 45 min to get through> could NOT answer my question about their own product.

their email support/sales reply was a automate " go to http://help.rcdiscuss.com/ " All Automated..confuseing...a downright waist of MY time & still no reply !!!

I Cancelled my order b4 it was shipped and that was confirmed through email....and ws told my account would be creddited......they shipped it anyway ( After I ordered it's replacement from someone else ..
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Jan 07, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:47 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
I have had good service from both Hobbypartz and Nitroplanes.....I never order anything that shows not in stock. It sems their lipos are always out of stock but I attribute that to selling a lot.

In this day of internet and websites "ANYONE" can look like a BIG hobbyshop like Tower or Hobby Lobby and really be running out of their garage. Many also "Dropship" items from a distributor.

We have brought a lot of this on ourselves and the "Local" hobby shops have gone the way of the "Pay Telephone". We want cheap stuff, and will order from China or anywhere else google pulls up a cheap price.

Welcome to the new age. I do hope companies like Hobbypartz can improve their service and see the benifit of doing so. I am also glad they have people that check this forum and that they are on here helping.

I for one will continue to support Nitro and Hobbypartz as I have had good service and good products from them. Even had a replacement lipo shipped to me with no problem.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Last edited by mjdee14; Jan 04, 2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
586 Posts
Weed89,
We're sorry for the delayed response and the experience you've received. After the holidays we receive an excessive amount of calls and emails. I can help you out with your order though. Please provide me your order number and a brief description about the problem. Thank you for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
I ALSO made a grand error and ordered somthing from Hobbypartz.com and same experience ... no order updates received by me...ZERO customer service/support.

Their phone support <took 45 min to get through> could NOT answer my question about their own product.

their email support/sales reply was a automate " go to http://help.rcdiscuss.com/ " All Automated..confuseing...a downright waist of MY time & still no reply !!!

At this point I would also like to cancel My order....seems like their shop has folded it's tent..took my $$...and is moveing on to a new area to scam people.

BTW- the BBB did not RATE this buisness....and How I am treated- no replys-no custmer support that know their Product- Cant contact the company- A Auto-generated web App. used for cusomer support...and it Does Nothing...Is how I Based My Opinion about this So Called Company
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
586 Posts
mjdee14,
Thanks for the support and the honest feedback. We do take into consideration positive and negative feedback from our customers. Have a great New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
I have had good service from both Hobbypartz and Nitroplanes.....I never order anything that shows not in stock. It sems their lipos are always out of stock but I attribute that to selling a lot.

In this day of internet and websites "ANYONE" can look like a BIG hobbyshop like Tower or Hobby Lobby and really be running out of their garage. Many also "Dropship" items from a distributor.

We have brought a lot of this on ourselves and the "Local" hobby shops have gone the way of the "Pay Telephone". We want cheap stuff, and will order from China or anywhere else google pulls up a cheap price.

Welcome to the new age. I do hope companies like Hobbypartz can improve their service and see the benifit of doing so. I am also glad they have people that check this forum and that they are on here helping.

I for one will continue to support Nitro and Hobbypartz as I have had good service and good products from them. Even had a replacement lipo shipped to me with no problem.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:31 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Order yhst-62196343123315-359714

Dear Nitro_Nancy,

Placed an order this morning and was notified a little later that UPS won't ship LiPos next day air (had no idea, my fault). Replied to the email that I would like the quickest available shipping that is acceptable and even offered to meet a customer service rep half way and buy them a burger if they were feeling extra customer servicey.

Just want to make sure the order got updated and won't have any issues being processed today and also want to make sure I won't be charged the $57.05 for next day air.

Not going to lie, after being on hold (30 minutes and counting) and reading all these bad reviews makes me a little nervous... I'll reserve my final judgment for now.

Thanks
goldham is offline Find More Posts by goldham
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Re: Order yhst-62196343123315-359714

Just got through to a service rep. Says everything is updated on my order (only regular ground shipping now). Hopefully it still get's here in just a day or two since I'm only a few hours away, fingers crossed.

You guys should think about using VAs for certain customer service inquiries. I know hobby retail margins are small so a few VAs would keep cost to a minimum on manpower and would also cut down on customers' wait time (worth the investment to me). Just my humble 2 cents.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Re: Order yhst-62196343123315-359714

Update: Was told by customer service (after waiting on hold for around 30 minutes) that they were going to ship my order via UPS ground and that they would remove the $57.05 for next day shipping that I had originally selected, I confirmed with the rep that the ground shipping qualified for the advertised "free shipping on orders over $100" promotion. I made sure to ask the rep one extra time before hanging up if everything was taken care of, they said yes and informed me of the new total on my order with the shipping removed ($174.38).

Checked my bank account a few minutes ago and Hobbypartz charged me the full $231.43 after I spoke with the rep on the phone. I'm always leery of online companies that charge your card prior to processing an order, this is no exception.

I went from being hopeful to being disappointed. I'll keep everyone posted.