Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:05 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Someone told me that 4.1 in Europe is the same as 4.0 in the US. Can anyone from Futaba verify if that is true or not?
According to the Robbe registration/download site, V 4.1 is a bugfix update for V 4.0 and solves a problem with the T1 trim knob .

danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Last edited by danny.act; Jul 24, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:51 AM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Arras
Joined Aug 2010
23 Posts
Hi,
here the file 4.1 from germany (english language)
http://www.fabricedelhay.fr/DL/RC/14..._Ver_2_ENG.zip
and
http://www.fabricedelhay.fr/DL/RC/14...T14SG_FX22.zip

Fabrice
Fabweb is offline Find More Posts by Fabweb
Old Jul 26, 2014, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.act View Post
According to the Robbe registration/download site, V 4.1 is a bugfix update for V 4.0 and solves a problem with the T1 trim knob .

Yes, it keeps beeping
velocity90 is offline Find More Posts by velocity90
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:09 AM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
I'm pretty sure Anylink2 does not work with Spektrum BNF. The only way to use Futaba with Spektrum BNF is found here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=49900.

I just made mine and it works great.
I made one too for the bind and fly stuff and they do work great.
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabweb View Post
Thank you for posting this.

I updated 4.0 tonight and it seemed to work fine but the trims made a musical note instead of a single beep.

Just updated to 4.1 from your link and everything is good again.
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Arras
Joined Aug 2010
23 Posts
No prob,

have a nice day
Fabrice
http://100ans.cdam62.fr/
Fabweb is offline Find More Posts by Fabweb
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Napa
Joined May 2014
30 Posts
Futaba SBUS / conventional channel question

I am integrating my 14SG with the Radian Pro motor glider and the Eagle Tree Vector FC/OSD/FPV system. Total need for ~11 channels, including motor, elevator, rudder, left and right ailerons, flaps, 3 mode switches for Vector, pan & tilt for FPV camera. I have both the Futaba R7008SB and the FrSky TFR8SB receivers available to use for this setup. Only functional difference between them (apparently) is true RSSI on the TFR8SB. I have been on a crash course of studying FASST modes and receiver modes the past few days, and have gone through the 14SG manual, both receiver docs, and the Vector docs multiple times. Here are the questions I am hoping someone here can help me with:
  1. For my purposes, are there any differences between the FASST 7CH mode and the FASST Multi mode? I believe both receivers speak both, and I assume SBUS (not SBUS2) will work in both modes.
  2. Looking at the table on page 42 of the 14SG manual (attached below) it seems I can use the "2 aileron + 1 flap" column, and either FASSTest 14CH or FASST Mult will give me enough channels.
  3. Looking at page 25 of the 14SG manual, it is clear if I want SBUS, I need to use Mode B or D. I am familiar with this, and used Mode D with my Phantom to talk to Naza on SBUS, and use two conventional channels to control pan & tilt. What's not clear to me is what channel #'s come across SBUS in Mode B? Are the conventional channels of 1 thru 8 non-overlapping with the SBUS channels? How many channels will the 14SG generate on the SBUS? Is that a function of FASSTest 14CH versus FASST Multi? Sorry this isn't clear from the manual (trust me I have read it a gazillion times).
  4. On the FrSky TFR8SB manual, the receiver has two modes, A and B, similar to the Futaba's B and D receiver modes. (See table excerpted below as 3rd attachment.) Though in the case of the TFR8SB, you apparently get 8 conventional channels in addition to SBUS. Again, same question as above for Futaba receiver: how many channels do you get on the SBUS stream, and what happens if those channel #'s overlap with conventional channel numbers you are using on the receiver? Of course, reading the FrSky doc takes no time at all, for better or for worse.

So, looking for a FASST / SBUS guru to enlighten me on the above. And the SBUS will connect to the Eagle Tree Vector FC/OSD system, if that's germane.

Thanks,
Kelly
wkf94025 is online now Find More Posts by wkf94025
Old Today, 01:56 AM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,502 Posts
wtf94025, answers are simple:
1. 7CH is 7CH
2. 2 flaps is easier/better. Multiple receivers must be of the same type though -- can't mix FASST and FASSTest.
3. S.bus has all channels.
4. S.bus has all channels.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Today, 05:43 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
[QUOTE=wkf94025;29035781]
---
  1. For my purposes, are there any differences between the FASST 7CH mode and the FASST Multi mode? I believe both receivers speak both, and I assume SBUS (not SBUS2) will work in both modes.
    ---

When it comes to frsky tf-series/fasst: always use multi, not 7ch, as they cope with both (and there were eg. a minor chance of hijacking with earlier tfr6's).
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Today, 02:26 PM
RC expert
Denmark, North Denmark Region, Vestbjerg
Joined Jun 2013
80 Posts
Yes, SBUS 1/2 always streams 16 analog and two digital channels. Your radio supports 12 analog, and 2 digital. So the last 4 are not used (but still streamed).

I would prefer the Futaba receiver anytime. Quality is expected to be better for the Futaba receiver.
I would then add a servo expander (SBUS->PWM output) or use SBUS servos to cover the rest.

BR, Thomas
tomsdk is offline Find More Posts by tomsdk
Old Today, 03:34 PM
United States, CA, Napa
Joined May 2014
30 Posts
@tomsdk: what do you mean by SBUS 1/2? Are you referring to original SBUS protocol ("1"), and the subsequent SBUS2 protocol? Regarding servo expander or SBUS servos, any favorites for a weight-sensitive, power-sensitive glider application?

@numnutchris: thanks for guidance on FASST-MULTI. Didn't seem like self-limiting to 7CH made much sense.

@vespa: by "s.bus has all channels" you mean all 14 channels (in case of 14SG?) with 12 analog, 2 digital?

Additional follow-on questions based on experiments last night:
  1. Has anyone tried to move the TFR8SB to Mode B? I read posts that it wouldn't stay there, and ran one experiment last night that suggested it was popping back to Mode A following power cycle. I think my ideal config on the TFR8SB is Mode B, using RSSI and SBUS and conventional channels 9-16 (even though 14SG can only drive 14 total).
  2. In the case where I have either receiver in "default mode" where its conventional outputs are channels 1-8, and one of those is sbus (or in case of TFR8SB, a separate sbus port), then if the receiver talks SBUS to the Vector flight controller, which then has conventional outputs for channels 1-6 for motor and flight surfaces, that connect to flight servos, if I then connect camera's pan & tilt servos to the receiver's conventional outputs 3 and 4, those pan and tilt servos will move whenever 3 (motor) and 4 (rudder) are moved on the radio, right? Or said more simply, in a sbus + 8 conventional output receiver, whenever channel 3 is modified, that will show up both on the sbus stream, and on the conventional servo output of the receiver, right?
  3. The 14SG came with a battery charger, that also has a servo connector cord attached to the charger wall unit. I am not seeing any power on that line. Is mine defective or am I doing something wrong? I was hoping it would be an easy on-the-bench means of powering receivers without having to power up the aircraft, activating noisy ESC's and motors when the family is asleep. If that wall unit isn't meant for that (or it is, but mine's broken), then what's a good cheap easy setup for receiver experimentation on the bench?
  4. The radio also came with the servo switch and cabling with various gender connections, but I have yet to figure out how to use that correctly. Appreciate any guidance on that. Related question: If I apply power to any of the conventional output ports on either receiver, that will power the receiver, right?
  5. Similar to the bench-switching of receiver power, anyone have a favorite XT60-based switch that I can use to on/off the main battery without having to constantly wrestle with tight-fitting XT60's while on the bench?

Thanks all,
Kelly
Old Today, 03:47 PM
RC expert
Denmark, North Denmark Region, Vestbjerg
Joined Jun 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025 View Post
@tomsdk: what do you mean by SBUS 1/2? Are you referring to original SBUS protocol ("1"), and the subsequent SBUS2 protocol? Regarding servo expander or SBUS servos, any favorites for a weight-sensitive, power-sensitive glider application?
Wouw, questions! Just elaborating. .

- SBUS (without any numbers). Original SBUS. ALWAYS 16 channels*, plus 2 digital.
- SBUS.2 : EXACTLY same servo stream, 16 ch+2dig. Also reserved timeslots for telemetry, 8 slots per frame. 4 groups together as multiframe, allowing up to 31 telemetry units to be attached on the bus. This is really cool. (I have made my own E-FuelGauge device for mah-counting).

*)On T14, only 12 analog channels are operative

Forget the other receiver. Use Futaba

Interesting requirements for the expander. I happen to have designed the most compact one in the world (according to myself, that is.). Do check it out!
http://www.tje.dk/SBUS-expander

Cheers, Thomas
tomsdk is offline Find More Posts by tomsdk
Old Today, 05:46 PM
United States, CA, Napa
Joined May 2014
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsdk View Post
Interesting requirements for the expander. I happen to have designed the most compact one in the world (according to myself, that is.). Do check it out!
http://www.tje.dk/SBUS-expander

Cheers, Thomas
Cool! How much? Want one...

Kelly