HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
deanz406
Latrobe, Pa.
Joined Oct 2010
78 Posts
Rant
Hobby king- disappointment

I just had to vent my frustration with Hobby King, and the miserable time I had trying to contact them about a product. I received a flyer in my email, about a new plane they were advertising- The "Little Butch" Monocoupe, by Durafly. It's an 1100 mm plane, and just what I was looking for. After filling the "Add to Cart" portion, I saw that it was not offered in any of the U.S. warehouses. After going to Checkout, the shipping was from China, and was going to be $50.00. The plane only cost $120.00, and the shipping was almost 1/2 of the price of the plane. Do u think that's fair?? I know shipping is miserable these days, but they always seen to send out their "Special Sale" flyers on stuff they don't have in any U.S. warehouse.
I tried to use their online help line, and the chat portion was totally useless, as it was disconnected before I could even get a question sent. There doesn't seem to be an email address for contact, so I guess, I'll spend my money other places. I'm thoroughly disgusted with them, and will stop buying anything from them anymore.
I feel that if ur going to advertise something to U.S. purchasers, and RC flyers, at least have a product available to them, here on U.S. warehouses, otherwise, don't send me a flyer with great deals, and then not have them available for a reasonable shipping charge.

How do you fellow flyers feel ?? Dean
deanz406 is offline Find More Posts by deanz406
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2005
1,853 Posts
I can't even believe I'm responding to this......get over it. There are hundreds of countries they ship to and have thousands of products in they offer. That's why you as a consumer have the power to buy or not to buy something. If you buy a lot of stuff there at one time you can have the shipping combined, they go by weight. Then depending on what you buy and the cost savings, it is many times worth the shipping cost. They are slowly but steadily increasing the product line in their US warehouse. Search there for something similar or have some patience and try again to see if they will be stocking their US warehouse with that item in the sometime future. They have your email address, but I don't think that they categorize everyone's email in respects to their locations. Good luck on that one.
fly2bob is offline Find More Posts by fly2bob