Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:43 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
V911 = helicopter 2 motors / V9X9 = Quad 4 motors / Apples and oranges

If you think these prices are high go browse the MQX and its price list.
They have price beat the big dogs and you want more

The next thing they need to work on is a FPV Quad that beats the competition price wises.
Yep, there's no profit, not even for Banggood at $20 for a quad BNF.......unless they sold 100's per day............which is why their prices are so cheap........they do alot of volume.

If we sold 20 BNF's a day we could probably do $32 for an H36 BNF (you solder the motor connections)

I'm trying to find a source for cheap-higher quality FPV stuff........doesn't have to be high end, but decent.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:02 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Yep, there's no profit, not even for Banggood at $20 for a quad BNF.......unless they sold 100's per day............which is why their prices are so cheap........they do alot of volume.

If we sold 20 BNF's a day we could probably do $32 for an H36 BNF (you solder the motor connections)

I'm trying to find a source for cheap-higher quality FPV stuff........doesn't have to be high end, but decent.
I have the bug just hit the buy button on a BNF V949 See were all this talk of BNF did to me I could not help it.
I See a FPV in my future but am in no hurry yet.
Exited as I see more becoming available and many working out their own DIY.

Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,148 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to post in here for those that might not check other threads or maybe you're newer to the community and looking at getting your first quad.

Starting today massiverc.com is having a President's Sale on all the quads they have in stock. For those of you that aren't familiar with the store, it is located in the US and is a joint business between two of our very own here on rcgroups; MassiveOverkill and jameschen072.

These sale prices put it right at the same pricing as BG, plus a little more due to shipping. However you'll receive the quad in a matter of a few days rather than 4 weeks plus. If you haven't ordered from the shop, MO always goes above and beyond and carries all of the spares as well for super cheap prices. If you're looking to purchase a new quad I encourage you to jump on over to the store and pick up your new quad today. You know your wife is going to buy stuff with all of the President's Day Sales going on, so you've got a good excuse.

Quoted from Massive RC Thread
OK guys, President's Day sale, in honor of good old Abe Lincoln, all quads are $5 off.

Mini Pet is now $44.95
Hubsan X4 is now $44.95
Hubsan X4 super glue special is now $39.95
Vitality H36 is $39.95
Vitality H36 BNF is $34.95

This is also a 'we'll be damned if we're going out of business sale'

We need to recoupe capital until we can get restocked so this sale will probably be extended beyond President's Day. Thanks for everyone's support.

Massive RC

Direct Link to Massive RC:

Click Here

Also for those interested in the HD keychain camera's this is now a great trusted place to purchase here in the US.

Happy President's Day!
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Help help udirc 816

could someone tell me the connection sequence for the UDIRC 816
I thouht it went from front left-1 to rearleft-2 to rear right-3 to front right- 4

on the board I have the sockets marked from left to right LED,1,2,3,4.
when i use this sequence it spins and flips out of control when you give it a little throttle.
thanks
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Last edited by tonytester; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:09 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,046 Posts
got your clockwise/counterclockwise correct

I set out to make a hubsan/202 hybrid and the first time, it flopped like a flounder. I then looked at the hubsan and the cc/ccw props are opposite from the 202. Once I switched the cc and ccw motors and props, it did fine.
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:14 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
I set out to make a hubsan/202 hybrid and the first time, it flopped like a flounder. I then looked at the hubsan and the cc/ccw props are opposite from the 202. Once I switched the cc and ccw motors and props, it did fine.
Stan in Dodge City
good point. forward and backward work ok while holding it and aileron left and right are ok. but spins to the right after lift off then at about 1/3 power flips on its own. i'll look at a pic on line.
tonytester
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:27 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
Stan in Dodge City
Have you noticed that your hybrid is a little slower than the stock X4? We gave ours a spin this Sunday and it seemed slower in speed, but I believe the general consensus was that even though it was slower, we liked it better than the original as it was smoother and less twitchy.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:22 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
good point. forward and backward work ok while holding it and aileron left and right are ok. but spins to the right after lift off then at about 1/3 power flips on its own. i'll look at a pic on line.
tonytester
checked pics at bg and cw and ccw match.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:27 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,046 Posts
Hubsan Hybrid is smoooooooooooooooth

Yes, the hybrid is smoother. I cut 1/4 inch off the booms of the V202, but this still leaves the booms about 3/4 inch (each) longer than the Hubsan. It is a real delight to fly in my long/narrow family room. I cut holes in the canopy so the Hubsan blue eyes shine through, so this helps me know when it's headed straight to my face. Indoors, I fly in the novice setting with everything set to 60. For outdoors, it needed more cyclic, so I maxed the rudder (yaw) and set the cyclic to 75. It may be a little slower in reacting to both throttle and yaw/cyclic than the stock Hubsan, but not much slower. It is also 2 grams heavier. I remember from physics that lengthening the arm gives more leverage, but I don't remember how that effects throw. At any rate, it's now my favorite indoor flyer (of course that will change when you get the V202 Version 2.

I still love the V202 for flying outdoors and at night. The flips are fantastic...especially at night. I've also got a MQX with lights that I like to fly at night. It's big and the lights are really bright. I've also got it adjusted with my computer transmitter for smooth and gentle controls. Too bad it doesn't flip worth a darned. I've got a big park behind the house and I've buzzed the V202 and MQX around a few times after dark. So far, no one has called the cops to investigate the UFO.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:45 AM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,193 Posts
I want to get something cheap and able to fly with my turnigy 9x for practicing indoors! Something fairly durable and able to take a crash into a wall.

Is the Vitality H36 a good idea? Will this be suitable for my purposes?
v00d0o is offline Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d0o View Post
I want to get something cheap and able to fly with my turnigy 9x for practicing indoors! Something fairly durable and able to take a crash into a wall.

Is the Vitality H36 a good idea? Will this be suitable for my purposes?
I would wait a couple of days before making a decision, because most of us there is the Hobby King micro QBOT is on the way, which has accelerometer and 9X compatible as well.

Tell you the truth I'm not that satisfied with my H36...the reaction speed is too slow for me...

So I'm sure that on the next week we will have more experiences with the micro QBOT, and you may have a better 9X micro choosing that candidate...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
I would wait a couple of days before making a decision, because most of us there is the Hobby King micro QBOT is on the way, which has accelerometer and 9X compatible as well.

Tell you the truth I'm not that satisfied with my H36...the reaction speed is too slow for me...

So I'm sure that on the next week we will have more experiences with the micro QBOT, and you may have a better 9X micro choosing that candidate...
I really want something quite cheap and durable but also responsive.. and it sounds like your H36 experience is disappointing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,282 Posts
It's cheap...fast, but not responsive, because the reaction speed is laaaaazy...for example you drive forward...and want to fall back...pull back the elevator stick and it could come back after 1 sec!

It's fun to fly but far form the X4 responsiveness...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:30 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,193 Posts
Is the WLToys V939 a better choice?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:27 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,188 Posts
Quote:
Is the WLToys V939 a better choice?
Voodoo, don't get mad at me, but it makes me sick reading the same question ever and ever again.
Nobody is able to answer this particular question for you. Only YOU are.

Choosing between different models and ranking them is a quite personal thing and follows personal preferences. Nothing saves you from jumping right in and making your own experiences.

You should have asked:
"Can anybody give me a list of all FlySky - compatible micro quads or/and links to their threads here @ RCG?"

Then you will have a lot of reading to do that will support your decision.
And still it could be a mistake to buy a particular model, because it won't fit you and yor style.

Quote:
H36 and V939 both fit in the catergory "tough"
The H36 is quite fast, but a bit slow on the sticks (some would say sluggish) - you may counteract this behavior with expo settings in your 9x - it has done yet with considerable good results.
The 939 is only recommendable if you use better batts with higher C rating - stock ones do it no good. It is OK for indoors.
Both are able to endure some beating.
NONE of them will train you for any bigger quad, because of autolevel built in.
They are just a bunch of fun and give you some orientation training.

This may or not count for the Micro Qbot mentioned above - this has to turn out yet.

Real trainers are - as far as I'm aware - not FS compatible, not the size to fly indoors and not cheap either (QR LB V1, V2 and MQX)

You may be lucky and build a "Frankenquad" - best to ask Mystman and Massive about these.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Feb 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM.