Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
264 Posts
Contest results

Attached are the score sheets for Saturday and Sundays flights and the contest summary. A small turnout for this event but those that made out were rewarded with good weather and some very fine flights. Those solar panels really generate strong thermals!

Dudley, we missed your beer pancakes and you too. See you at the next XC event.
XC soaringpilot is offline Find More Posts by XC soaringpilot
Last edited by XC soaringpilot; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, CA, Union City
Joined Mar 2004
387 Posts
Some Pictures I snapped
dbaya is online now Find More Posts by dbaya
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:11 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2005
258 Posts
Wow John,
25 mph on day two.. that's impressive.

Good job Greg,
Despite a serious attack on your lead, you still held off the competition and took the win.

Mike
ThermalSeeker is offline Find More Posts by ThermalSeeker
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, CA, Granite Bay
Joined Mar 2004
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ellias View Post
Attached are the score sheets for Saturday and Sundays flights and the contest summary. A small turnout for this event but those that made out were rewarded with good weather and some very fine flights. Those solar panels really generate strong thermals!

Dudley, we missed your beer pancakes and you too. See you at the next XC event.
I agree about the solar plant thermals. On our first flight Sunday Bruce directed me over a large dust devil just before the solar plant. We hit 1000 meters in very short order and left the thermal due to visibility concerns. Or more like tried to leave the thermal, the lift did not stop for the next mile. Incredible. I estimated the dust devil to be 50 ft across at ground level, nothing compared to the one that destroyed Rick's MXC which was in the same general area. On our next flight I also saw dust devils kicking up around the solar plant but further off the road. The only thing I can figure is that the huge expanse of black glass can set up a large temperature differential. We will find out next year when a 4 MW solar plant gets built next to our SVSS field in Davis.

Steve
TrekBiker is offline Find More Posts by TrekBiker
Last edited by TrekBiker; Oct 03, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:22 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,678 Posts
Marcela has updated the www.xcsoaring.com website with a report, results, and photos.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is online now Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Racing for the Record

The Inyo - White - Candelaria - Gabbs- Shoshone 200 mi Route
http://web.archive.org/web/201006062...com/racing.htm
Rickmas is offline Find More Posts by Rickmas