Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
It does bear a striking resemblance (except for my custom cowl)
http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
I like that cowl man looks good!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,973 Posts
Thanks, I rescued that plane from a trash can at the field and rebuilt it and purchased a new canopy. It has recently been turned over to an up and coming member of our field as I have 5 new 3DHS ships this year. Gotta spread the love ya know.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Saving up for the EPP Edge got $140 already, I need like $220. Hopefully ill be flying it in 2 weeks
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Hell yeah!!! They ban you for telling the truth. They can't ban us all.
Sure they can. There are what maybe 30 of us that are actually offended by what HK did/does? There are hundreds more on this site that love HK and will continue to support them. Heck even of the 30 or so that are offended, how many do you think will stop buying anything there? I bet less than 10-20 people actually stop buying HK products as a result of this. It's unfortunate, but at the end of day I don't guess I'm surprised by it.
I will stop buying their products, but I have sure bought plenty in the past.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
Sure they can. There are what maybe 30 of us that are actually offended by what HK did/does? There are hundreds more on this site that love HK and will continue to support them. Heck even of the 30 or so that are offended, how many do you think will stop buying anything there? I bet less than 10-20 people actually stop buying HK products as a result of this. It's unfortunate, but at the end of day I don't guess I'm surprised by it.
I will stop buying their products, but I have sure bought plenty in the past.
I have never bought from copyking and after this I never will. They don't deserve my money. If I need cheap stuff ill buy from valuehobby or hobbypartz, not copyking.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
I have never bought from copyking and after this I never will. They don't deserve my money. If I need cheap stuff ill buy from valuehobby or hobbypartz, not copyking.
I was stopping my purchases with HK some time back. It was hard when noone state side had a lipo in stock I wanted / price was cheap, but I am done. They are purposely coping the schemes to get sales attention, regardless if the chassis is a stolen cad or a different air frame all together, and it is working.

If this were EF or Aeroworks would I be bothered?...... Yes, its still using other companies good name / marketing and design, to sell sub standard products. I have closed out my HK/CK account, I have no use for this.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
I stopped buying from them about a year ago when all three orders I received they lied on declared value I guess to pay less import tax.

I work for a major Sports company and I am in Asia Twice a year. Copying is a way of life for them. Funny thing is I can buy knock off clothing for less than my laundry is in China. I just draw the line on them not paying the right taxs and I won't support that.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I was stopping my purchases with HK some time back. It was hard when noone state side had a lipo in stock I wanted / price was cheap, but I am done. They are purposely coping the schemes to get sales attention, regardless if the chassis is a stolen cad or a different air frame all together, and it is working.

If this were EF or Aeroworks would I be bothered?...... Yes, its still using other companies good name / marketing and design, to sell sub standard products. I have closed out my HK/CK account, I have no use for this.
Yeah. I noticed you are going to the keystone fly-in, what will you be flying? It will be my first RC event
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Yeah. I noticed you are going to the keystone fly-in, what will you be flying? It will be my first RC event
I fly a bit of everything. I have a 57 330SC, I am hoping to have my 87 inch Extra SHP finished by the event. I have a 48 inch Rare Bare Reno Racer I am entering in the Foamy Combat <it lived through the one in New Jersey. I have a Nitro Plank that I like to buzz around for the smell of Glow.

I have a 70 Slick in for a motor box and a couple other 3DHS things to tinker with.

My first event was the last year and it made a big difference for me. You see videos and such from the events, but being on the ground seeing it, feeling it, getting to talk to pilots, cannot be replaced. You have got to get a pwny ride while you are there!

You let me know when you get to the event, <and any other addicts> I want to make sure to meet up with all that attend our event.
Ron
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully ill be bringing my 32" Crack Yak and a 40" EPP Edge 540
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
It does bear a striking resemblance (except for my custom cowl)
http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
Huh? Are you saying the 126 and the nitro planes plane looks a like?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Is there a full scale scheme like this? http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit.html

Also this scheme looks familiar. http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
74" Edge.... Shame on ye nitroplanes.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
It is not nitro planes it is aero sky but nitro planes still sells it for them, what are we all going to stop buying gens ace lipo's? No because it is not NP them selves. With the HK thing it was HK themselves making that extra. But it is still a bummer that they are selling it.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok how do you spell custom wined or wound? Like with motrolfly motors you can pay 35$ to get it custom _______ to the KV you want.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:23 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ok how do you spell custom wined or wound? Like with motrolfly motors you can pay 35$ to get it custom _______ to the KV you want.
wind...or wound
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1