Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Kurt, the FMS B-25 props are well suited to our P-38's....but check your wattages and flight times....I'll bet you will get more thrust and possible quieter flights....but your flight times will most likely be less......alert alert alert

Really keen on getting your flight report....so keep up posted

TwistedGrin
Will do.
Supposedly the FMS B-25 props are 9x6.5 while I've been running Master Airscrew 9x7s, but the FMS blades are definitely wider so they'll take bigger chunks of air.
Halfway through the landing gear relocation on the F-82 I took a break to assemble the Horten BV-38 that arrived today. Sometimes nice to just throw a plane together in an hour or two rather than rebuild it from the ground up

New P-38 motors from HK are still on the slow boat from China... hope they get here this week so I can put them in and have a couple more flights before spending the month of July in Germany. Will try to check out some RC airfields while I'm there, but without my planes it's going to hurt!
cheers
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:00 AM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Will do.
Supposedly the FMS B-25 props are 9x6.5 while I've been running Master Airscrew 9x7s, but the FMS blades are definitely wider so they'll take bigger chunks of air.
Halfway through the landing gear relocation on the F-82 I took a break to assemble the Horten BV-38 that arrived today. Sometimes nice to just throw a plane together in an hour or two rather than rebuild it from the ground up

New P-38 motors from HK are still on the slow boat from China... hope they get here this week so I can put them in and have a couple more flights before spending the month of July in Germany. Will try to check out some RC airfields while I'm there, but without my planes it's going to hurt!
cheers
Kurt, if you're going to be in/near Berlin, check out the field that Warbirdfan66 flies at....looks beautiful there. If you haven't checked out his YT vids, you should. He's an excellent modeler.
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:00 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Sally5 View Post
Kurt, if you're going to be in/near Berlin, check out the field that Warbirdfan66 flies at....looks beautiful there. If you haven't checked out his YT vids, you should. He's an excellent modeler.
Thanks for the suggestion but this trip I'll be on the western side of Germany near Dusseldorf and don't plan on going in the area of Berlin (again, I lived not to far from there for 3 years).
The guy who took the great vid of the big gas P-38 I posted earlier seems to mainly hang out in Oberhausen, which I'll be very close to so hopefully will visit their field and see some giants.
Would love to see the RC Jet World cup, last year it was in Switzerland but haven't found out if it will be again this year, and when.
#1 priority is to visit the Nurburgring again (been there 14 times..... addicted) and visit at least one country I haven't been to. In Europe all that's left is Spain and smaller eastern European countries like Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus etc.
prost!
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Last edited by Kurt; Jun 13, 2014 at 08:30 PM.