New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2015, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by hexagown
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Help!
Problems with my SYMA X5C

Hello!

Some weeks ago i brought my first quad copter (Syma X5C), and I enjoyed it a lot and it worked fine.
But the I started having some troubles with one of the motors, at first it would sometimes just not start, and I had to give the rotor blade a push to start rotating. But after some time it got worse, and I could only fly with the quad for about 2 minutes per change of my 600mAh battery. which should last for about 8 minutes. The reason for why I could not fly for any longer period was because after about 2 minutes, the quad would just "hover" about 1cm above the ground and was not able to lift any higher.

So I guessed that is was the bad motor that was the issue here, and therefore I brought a new set of motors, and they came today, I installed them and all of them started spinning, but the issue is still there. I can only fly for a very short period of time.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here?

PS: If I left out some important information, just ask me, and I will try to reply as good as possible.
hexagown is offline Find More Posts by hexagown
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2015, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by Waterbound
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
4,508 Posts
Going to assume the battery is bad or you continued to run after LVC killing the battery essentially.
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Old Apr 13, 2015, 01:54 PM
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbound View Post
Going to assume the battery is bad or you continued to run after LVC killing the battery essentially.
I have 3 batteries, and it's the same thing with all three of them. The X5C also lands itself when the Volt is to low. So I can't see how I would have managed to do that...
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by Ribble
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
2,590 Posts
Hold quad in hand, add throttle, all propellers must blow air down. If not then you put the wrong motor in (CW or CCW) or the blade is wrong and needs to be opposite pitch.

Carefully inspect the main gears and pinion gears to see that none are stripped and are meshing smoothly.

Are you using stock blades or replacement blades?

Are you using stock LiPo's or larger mah LiPo's or some other replacement LiPo's?

Did you remove the camera and test fly?
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 13, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:42 PM
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Hold quad in hand, add throttle, all propellers must blow air down. If not then you put the wrong motor in (CW or CCW) or the blade is wrong and needs to be opposite pitch.
I have tested that, all motors spin the correct way, and the propellers blows down.

Quote:
Carefully inspect the main gears and pinion gears to see that none are stripped and are meshing smoothly.
I think that this might be the problem right here. When I spin the propellers around with my finger, I can sometime feel a lot of resistant at 3 of the 4 propellers.

Quote:
Are you using stock blades or replacement blades?
They are stock. I actually tried and change to the new, fresh spare propellers that got delivered with the quad. Just to be sure that they were not the problem.

Quote:
Are you using stock LiPo's or larger mah LiPo's or some other replacement LiPo's?
I am using the stock battery as well as 2 500mAh that looks just the same.

Quote:
Did you remove the camera and test fly?
I have removed the camera and the landing gear. This resulted in that I can fly a bit longer. But I can feel that the throttle is not what it should be. If I make a strong turn, I loose a lot of altitude, and I almost have to give 100 throttle to go upwards.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by Ribble
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
2,590 Posts
While I am reading...

how to find the motor that needs replacing
V262 quadcopter flying problems: how to find the motor that needs replacing (1 min 15 sec)
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by tj.rc.uk
Joined Apr 2015
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexagown View Post
Hello!

Some weeks ago i brought my first quad copter (Syma X5C), and I enjoyed it a lot and it worked fine.
But the I started having some troubles with one of the motors, at first it would sometimes just not start, and I had to give the rotor blade a push to start rotating. But after some time it got worse, and I could only fly with the quad for about 2 minutes per change of my 600mAh battery. which should last for about 8 minutes. The reason for why I could not fly for any longer period was because after about 2 minutes, the quad would just "hover" about 1cm above the ground and was not able to lift any higher.

So I guessed that is was the bad motor that was the issue here, and therefore I brought a new set of motors, and they came today, I installed them and all of them started spinning, but the issue is still there. I can only fly for a very short period of time.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here?

PS: If I left out some important information, just ask me, and I will try to reply as good as possible.
Hi hexagown, I have a similar issue to you but i can get around 6-7 minutes normal flight then the quad goes into a low power state! as you described, it barely lifts off the ground, I have tried it all apart from changing the rx pcb which is on order now , I have had 2 of these quads do this now!, I have the H8C also but these are still god fun to fly so I would like to sort them one way or another , I am going to investigate the pcb to see if i can pin point it but not holding my breath as i dont have the schematic for it
tj.rc.uk is offline Find More Posts by tj.rc.uk
Last edited by tj.rc.uk; Apr 20, 2015 at 05:06 PM.