DannerD3H is offline Find More Posts by DannerD3H
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:32 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
Don't generalize, only a few are affected.
I fly a 1600g quad with cheap plastic props for more than one year now without breaking a single prop in flight.
every prop is different, but i did not said anything bad, did i?

is it worth the risk?
deno6031 is offline Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
49 Posts
You are right, and i'm going to take your advise into account when i'm going above 1-2 m of altitude

But until then, i wil continue smashing the cheap plastic props. xD

But thx all of you
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
49 Posts
Hi guys!

I have now tried to fly some more and have found a problem.

When i move the stick up the quad moves faward as supposed to.
Even though i dosn't adjust the stick, just keeps it slight up, the quad slows down and eventually start to move backwards.
This makes it pretty much impossiple to fly as you can probably emagine xD

I have tried with and without aoutolevel and there is no difference

What the F*** !??! I'm really lost here...
Old Apr 27, 2013, 02:20 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
839 Posts
Haven't you tuned your pi settings? Are you using them stock?

your problem is caused because of the lack of the i setting, turn it up a little bit more and that problem should go away. the i derivative is like a 'heading hold' system, it tries to hold the angle you have given with your tx inputs, if it's changing the angle by itself, then you need more i.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:25 PM
Posted as eflightdude 06-07
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno6031 View Post
Haven't you tuned your pi settings? Are you using them stock?

your problem is caused because of the lack of the i setting, turn it up a little bit more and that problem should go away. the i derivative is like a 'heading hold' system, it tries to hold the angle you have given with your tx inputs, if it's changing the angle by itself, then you need more i.
PID, not pi. The "I" is for integral, not derivative (the "D").
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
A proportional-integral-derivative controller (PID controller) is a generic control loop feedback mechanism (controller) widely used in industrial control systems. A PID controller calculates an "error" value as the difference between a measured process variable and a desired setpoint. The controller attempts to minimize the error by adjusting the process control inputs.

The PID controller calculation (algorithm) involves three separate constant parameters, and is accordingly sometimes called three-term control: the proportional, the integral and derivative values, denoted P, I, and D. Heuristically, these values can be interpreted in terms of time: P depends on the present error, I on the accumulation of past errors, and D is a prediction of future errors, based on current rate of change.[1] The weighted sum of these three actions is used to adjust the process via a control element such as the position of a control valve, a damper, or the power supplied to a heating element.
There are several links on PID tuning, theory, how-to at the bottom of this post. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=3

This one seems to be the best of the PID tuning instructions: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375728
jseyfert3 is offline Find More Posts by jseyfert3
Last edited by jseyfert3; Apr 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added PID tuning links.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
49 Posts
Thnx guys i'll try going through one of thoese guides... again xD
I guess i f***ed something up the first time...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:01 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
839 Posts
PID, not pi. The "I" is for integral, not derivative (the "D").

Yup my mistake

By the way, he's using the kk2.0, it has no 'derivative'.only pi