HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
21 Posts
Discussion
dji naza f450 uncontrolable flipping issue help!

So after countless succesful fligjts this evening at about 10 seconds in the thing starts flipping. Its as if one rotor gets more power all of a sudden and flips full 360 and the corrects and levels. The moment i give imput to bring her down or back to me it flips again eventually it just looses control and crashes. No damage evedent i re calibrate the controler and re bind. This time it seems fine after a 5 min low altitude flight i switch batterys check again at low altitude and then get my confidence back. I send her up about 100 ft and then boom in the blink of an eye its flipping again and 2nd crash. Now im affraid to try again. Its always the front left motor thats powering it over on axis. Ive never even heard of this can someone please advise me? The only thing i can think of is somehow the naza fried an is running inconsistantly. Ugh! Thanks!
stingywho182 is offline Find More Posts by stingywho182
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
Its common for the Nazi to do this i here about it all the time and that's why i did not decide to get one But it may not be the controller.

If one motor is speeding up and not shutting down then it sounds like a sensor or software glitch maybe or something is shorting out? first thing you need to do is do some connection checking then test the hardware motors and so on i had a loos connection on my x525 once in a while it would glitch a bit but never crashed it was a loos signal wire to one of the ESC's

BE VERY CAREFUL when doing this but run it up to just about hover power and hold it above your head keeping the prop's away from you and move it around a bit and try to duplicate the problem Look to see if one motor is slowing and others are speeding up trying to correct the imbalance or just one mother is speeding up and others are slowing or if just the one motor is speeding up.

If one motor is speeding up and all the others are staying the same then i would guess it would be a bad ESC or controller or something shorting out some how it also could be a software or sensor glitch. if you cant get the problem to show up when doing the above then remove the props and run it up to 1/2 speed and start wiggling wires see if you notice anything also check and see if any of the motors or esc's are getting hotter then the others..

Hope this helps
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20