HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,061 Posts
ya I agree considering they dont paint the white portion of the invasion stripes on other models no biggie to leave the decals in the box !
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Joined Sep 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9859901 View Post
I had a little time so i disassembled the gear that didn't work. I found this board. Notice two small switches on each end of the board. The one on the right 'clicks' when I push the plunger. It also stands up higher than the one on the left. The left hand one doesn't 'click' at all. That's the reason, in this case, the gear failed to function.
This is an update. I had this gear replaced under warrantee. I went out to fly and after a couple of flights the other side failed to retract. I then purchased a pair from Motion. I trial ran the gear with a servo tester. It ran fine. I placed it in the aircraft hooked things up and it didn't work. Took it out and it wouldn't work with the servo tester. Called Motion and it is being replaced. Problem is I still don't have a plane. I have an ESM DC-3 with a couple of Wing Span electric retracts in it. I've never had a problem with them. They offer an External PCB. I ordered two. I just replaced the FMS board with Wing Span's and the gear works. It worked both ways about 10 times in a row. It has no mechanical switches all solid state. It senses when the gear has gone full travel by the increased current from the motor working harder and stops and resets to reverse direction. An added feature, if you have gunked up threads because of dirt, etc., it will stop instead of burning up like the FMS will do. I'll give this a try and keep you informed of my experience.
robbie9859901 is offline Find More Posts by robbie9859901
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,061 Posts
I was going to suggest checking your FMS retract board but also its just me but I never ever ever test a retract with a servo tester unless its running to the board and then to the retract .
I say that because many will not go thru the full cycle when not on the board and I have seen some burn out as a result of not being on the board .
Great example is the new Startmax/Hobby King Fw190 retracts, it has its own board but the retracts will run right off a servo tester , run them about 3 or 4 times and you will see they get out of sink and stop opening and closing full circuit .
I did this by mistake while test fitting gear doors that I was making and lost my thought process .Luckily with patience I connected back to the board and was able to get them to sink full cycles after 4 or 5 attempts and this could have burn them out , again lucky .
I dont know many people who have had good luck with WIngspan models, it seems the post on line are not that favorable and its a shame because its a USA business with guys from the RC community so I hope its works out but the post on another site and on line have not been good
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm