HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
T#0
Steamboat Springs, CO
Joined Aug 2010
623 Posts
can I run the booster on 6.5v? I have been thinking of using 4 alkaline batteries in series to power the booster. Can it run on 5v? The AC adapter says it puts out 6v so I assume 6.5v is ok.
PilotKeeg is offline Find More Posts by PilotKeeg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
Georgi, Everything will be on stock by the end of this month.
Thanks for the 2W amp link, already bought. Maybe runing it on 5V instead of 6V could make it more reliable at the expense of having less power. Or running it 6V for my next distance tests
Oops, actually work on 9-12V, straight from 3S Lipo. I will check latter if I am wrong.
Good news is it never gets hot, so no worry
Cheers,
G
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old May 17, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
well if you get a better one i'd be happy to buy the old used one. PM me let me know.
I am not interested on selling mine, sorry.
Quote:
can I run the booster on 6.5v? I have been thinking of using 4 alkaline batteries in series to power the booster. Can it run on 5v? The AC adapter says it puts out 6v so I assume 6.5v is ok.
People are reporting this boosters failing. By using more voltage you are actually stressing it more. I think the best is to go the other way. Use 5-5.5V to power it.
Quote:
Oops, actually work on 9-12V, straight from 3S Lipo. I will check latter if I am wrong.
Good news is it never gets hot, so no worry
Cheers,
G
Thats very good news, maybe this is the answer to get a more reliable unit. I am very happy with my 1W unit though.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Last edited by Elcheapo; May 30, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 04:13 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
I put some interior pictures of the 2W Booster on this threadhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3270392
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old May 30, 2011, 12:58 AM
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Joined Feb 2007
105 Posts
buenas Alex, estoy entrandole al fpv luego de volar 3 aņos helis3d, ya me he comprado mi buen ekipo de video pero estoy muy indeciso con el osd, el rvosd g5 se ve muy prometedor, cuando sale? el horizonte artificial funciona con sensores infrarojos o con acelerometros? te felicito por tu videos eso me hizo comprarme el sistema frsky con booster y patch de 7dbi para mi dx7, que voltage es mejor para el booster de 1W 5v o 6v con el bec q recomienda range video? sigue asi de bien, quisiera saber si hay un manual en pdf de rvosd g5 para irlo estudiando en mis tiempos libres en el trabajo, estoy ansioso por saber lo nuevo que trae el rvosd.

saludos desde Honduras, Jose miguel
migser85 is offline Find More Posts by migser85
Old May 30, 2011, 05:59 AM
Italy
Joined Mar 2009
128 Posts
I just bought this booster and I have a question about the wiring because on FV site they speak about a special connector to attach it directly to the FrSky module.

Can I use the cable provided into the kit between the FrSky module and the booster and the connect directly the antenna (wich one I already use for FrSky)??

Without power on booster the system have the same performance without it connected or the range will drop down?
not103 is offline Find More Posts by not103
Old May 30, 2011, 06:34 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not103 View Post
I just bought this booster and I have a question about the wiring because on FV site they speak about a special connector to attach it directly to the FrSky module.

Can I use the cable provided into the kit between the FrSky module and the booster and the connect directly the antenna (wich one I already use for FrSky)??

Without power on booster the system have the same performance without it connected or the range will drop down?
The range drops heaps with the booster connected and not powered.
Mine connected with the lead that came with the booster, just check the connector polarity to be sure but mine was right.

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old May 30, 2011, 07:13 AM
Italy
Joined Mar 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
The range drops heaps with the booster connected and not powered.
Mine connected with the lead that came with the booster, just check the connector polarity to be sure but mine was right.

Mark
How I can check the connector polaity?
eg. verify that the center pin is connected to the same signal, can be the right test??
not103 is offline Find More Posts by not103
Old May 30, 2011, 07:39 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Yeah, just check that pin goes into socket and you don't end up with 2 sockets together.

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old May 30, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by migser85 View Post
buenas Alex, estoy entrandole al fpv luego de volar 3 aņos helis3d, ya me he comprado mi buen ekipo de video pero estoy muy indeciso con el osd, el rvosd g5 se ve muy prometedor, cuando sale? el horizonte artificial funciona con sensores infrarojos o con acelerometros? te felicito por tu videos eso me hizo comprarme el sistema frsky con booster y patch de 7dbi para mi dx7, que voltage es mejor para el booster de 1W 5v o 6v con el bec q recomienda range video? sigue asi de bien, quisiera saber si hay un manual en pdf de rvosd g5 para irlo estudiando en mis tiempos libres en el trabajo, estoy ansioso por saber lo nuevo que trae el rvosd.

saludos desde Honduras, Jose miguel
RVOSDG5 should be in stock to the end of this week or early next week. Sorry no pdf yet, but it is basically the G4 with included inertial sensors, and few other changes//improvements.

About powering the booster, I use 6Volts. But heard some complaints about booster fail, so I guess using 5-5.5V could make it run less stressed. Mine works ok on 6V.
Old May 30, 2011, 04:26 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
Yeah, just check that pin goes into socket and you don't end up with 2 sockets together.

Mark
I made that mistake on the antenna connector. Flew to more than 1km like that. Also the booster has to be powered, else it behaves like an attenuator.
Old May 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Osd

Fantastic Flight, what camera and OSD were you using?
Numpt1E is offline Find More Posts by Numpt1E
Old May 30, 2011, 05:28 PM
Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
1,292 Posts
Does anyone know how the argtek works for boosting the received signals (telemetry)? From the specs I've seen it is <=12db for reception but that is a fairly wide range... any real-world reception experience?
Mikey-flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey-flies
Old May 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numpt1E View Post
Fantastic Flight, what camera and OSD were you using?
DX201 and RVOSD both from http://rangevideo.com.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
1W Amplifier for Hobby King TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
FRsky, 1W amplifier, patch 14Dbi.
Flying thru storm clouds, but still 40km+.
Hi there Elcheapo,

What an extraordinary breakthrough you have done there. While most people are aiming to use UHF for LRS, you did your own way using 2.4G and managed to reach 40+ km away! Bravo!

I really don't know what an 1W amp looks like, where to get it, and how to connect it to a 2.4G TX. Could you please share some information?

And also, I'm waiting for my Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx being delivered. Can that 1W amp be connected to this HK TX I've bought?

I'm sorry to bother you with a lot of questions. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,
Beruang.
Beruang is offline Find More Posts by Beruang