Spacer $1.79 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Fly wheel $59.95 RC hobby explosion
Washer $1.29 RC hobby explosion

Total $156.84 (Not inc postage.)

Let me know your thoughts

Links below
http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Veno...arts_s/547.htm
http://stores.ebay.com/GO-NITRO-HOBB...p2047675.l2563

I was going to recommend against paying that much for the e-gyro ESC and suggest purchasing a cheaper ESC and a servo tester (which would allow you to set the gyro speed to whatever you want.) However, I just looked at your Ebay link and it looks like the ESC will only run you $28.95 now!

If you do want to go the variable speed route and don't have a spare RX channel I just used one of these type devices on my brushless gyros:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Seller-ES...item232058651a

Along with a standard sensorless brushless ESC. As long as you ramp the speed up slowly the ESC should never see 30 Amps...
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
I was going to recommend against paying that much for the e-gyro ESC and suggest purchasing a cheaper ESC and a servo tester (which would allow you to set the gyro speed to whatever you want.) However, I just looked at your Ebay link and it looks like the ESC will only run you $28.95 now!

If you do want to go the variable speed route and don't have a spare RX channel I just used one of these type devices on my brushless gyros:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Seller-ES...item232058651a

Along with a standard sensorless brushless ESC. As long as you ramp the speed up slowly the ESC should never see 30 Amps...
Thatís awesome !!!, i didnít see the ESC on there the other day. It must have been my blinding rage that made me miss it, lol. Now all i need to do is find a flywheel???? any suggestions??? Also in the Atomnik kit is supplies a rear wheel part number 0529. Can i use the stock wheel of the mechanical gyro??
Osavage1 is offline Find More Posts by Osavage1
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:20 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
i was going to recommend against paying that much for the e-gyro esc and suggest purchasing a cheaper esc and a servo tester (which would allow you to set the gyro speed to whatever you want.) however, i just looked at your ebay link and it looks like the esc will only run you $28.95 now!

If you do want to go the variable speed route and don't have a spare rx channel i just used one of these type devices on my brushless gyros:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/us-seller-es...item232058651a

along with a standard sensorless brushless esc. As long as you ramp the speed up slowly the esc should never see 30 amps...

nice find!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:54 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osavage1 View Post
Thatís awesome !!!, i didnít see the ESC on there the other day. It must have been my blinding rage that made me miss it, lol. Now all i need to do is find a flywheel???? any suggestions??? Also in the Atomnik kit is supplies a rear wheel part number 0529. Can i use the stock wheel of the mechanical gyro??
Nope. Atomik redesigned the right side of wheel to fit same size bearing as is used in the flywheel, thats why you need a total of 3 of those 12x21x5 bearings - 2 inside flywheel + 1 on right side of wheel. Thats how the wires get out of the wheel and into that replacement brake caliper, which holds the the motor in place inside.

I think Im going to buy the parts separately now that you pointed out the online stores reduced prices. Especially now that the status of upgrade kit is "out of stock" lol. As for the flywheel, if you need international shipping, www.2wheelhobbies.com has it listed at $70 and he ships to oz Im sure.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:17 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Nope. Atomik redesigned the right side of wheel to fit same size bearing as is used in the flywheel, thats why you need a total of 3 of those 12x21x5 bearings - 2 inside flywheel + 1 on right side of wheel. Thats how the wires get out of the wheel and into that replacement brake caliper, which holds the the motor in place inside.

I think Im going to buy the parts separately now that you pointed out the online stores reduced prices. Especially now that the status of upgrade kit is "out of stock" lol. As for the flywheel, if you need international shipping, www.2wheelhobbies.com has it listed at $70 and he ships to oz Im sure.
Do it John, I want to see some more vids ha ha.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:16 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosantiago54 View Post
Wow,,... It's amazing , What would be the speed limit to that motorcycle?

Form I-9
Which bike are you talking about?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:03 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Ch - that guy was a spammer just trying to push some sales link on us. Looks like admin removed post.

Anyways, it looks like some very quick buyers snatched those cheap atomik gyro esc and stators last night. There must have only been 2-3 of each. It was going to cost about $180 shopping between 3 shops for all atomik parts and I missed out. I can still do my own airplane esc and servo tester. I have the tester, just need to think about all this again.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Ch - that guy was a spammer just trying to push some sales link on us. Looks like admin removed post.

Anyways, it looks like some very quick buyers snatched those cheap atomik gyro esc and stators last night. There must have only been 2-3 of each. It was going to cost about $180 shopping between 3 shops for all atomik parts and I missed out. I can still do my own airplane esc and servo tester. I have the tester, just need to think about all this again.
bummer. Sorry John.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,791 Posts
Quote:

Yeah that sucks John, i like the sound of that plane esc set up, i read somewhere that the stock esc for e-gyro can only handle 2s does that mean you cannot run 3s in the bike with e-gyro.?
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Yeah Atomik's esc is only rated 2s. The motor may not be able to handle 3s, I dont know. Basically, you would need to get a 30a plane esc rated 2-3s and a servo tester or maybe another channel on rx. I just understand the servo tester controller way of controlling motor. I just found a 30a esc on ebay for $15 and I have a micro servo tester from hobbyking. I was going to have this setup as a backup in case atomik's g-esc failed. Im just hestitant to pull trigger on the $170+ to do it.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Yeah Atomik's esc is only rated 2s. The motor may not be able to handle 3s, I dont know. Basically, you would need to get a 30a plane esc rated 2-3s and a servo tester or maybe another channel on rx. I just understand the servo tester controller way of controlling motor. I just found a 30a esc on ebay for $15 and I have a micro servo tester from hobbyking. I was going to have this setup as a backup in case atomik's g-esc failed. Im just hestitant to pull trigger on the $170+ to do it.
That $170 is almost half way to the $380+shipping that Bruce is selling the ARTR MM for JM,.....just say'in.....
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
That $170 is almost half way to the $380+shipping that Bruce is selling the ARTR MM for JM,.....just say'in.....
+1

Add in the cost of replacement parts (body, tires, rider, chain, etc.), and the new motor and you're there.
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Yeah that sucks John, i like the sound of that plane esc set up, i read somewhere that the stock esc for e-gyro can only handle 2s does that mean you cannot run 3s in the bike with e-gyro.?
I don't know that you'd ever need a 3s battery in this bike as its got way too much power as it is TJ, especially if you fit a 4800kv motor. You'd have to replace the motor anyway as well. No need IMO. Even more weight as well. Just my two cents worth.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:00 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I don't know that you'd ever need a 3s battery in this bike as its got way too much power as it is TJ, especially if you fit a 4800kv motor. You'd have to replace the motor anyway as well. No need IMO. Even more weight as well. Just my two cents worth.
You can never have too much power mate lol joking, the reason i asked i have a 540 4000kv sensored combo here that can handle 3s that i was thinking of using & seeing how the stock motor is 550 & 4200kv or 4800kv i would run the 540 on 3s but it don't look like it would be possible with the e-gyro unless i can run another small 2s just for the e-gyro like i do on the arx, it was just a thought i will probably just get 550 combo.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
You can never have too much power mate lol joking, the reason i asked i have a 540 4000kv sensored combo here that can handle 3s that i was thinking of using & seeing how the stock motor is 550 & 4200kv or 4800kv i would run the 540 on 3s but it don't look like it would be possible with the e-gyro unless i can run another small 2s just for the e-gyro like i do on the arx, it was just a thought i will probably just get 550 combo.
Go for the 550 motor as I've tried a 540 and they don't have the pull like the 550. Maybe on a 3s but that's just defeating the purpose. As you said the gyro would need separate power of some kind. Maybe voltage regulation might work. Not into it, wouldn't know.
If you can score a 4800 kv one go for it. The 4200 is still plenty but like you say too much is never enough ha ha.
RCG Plus Member