SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2008, 07:00 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee FP noob questions

Long time fixed wing, heli noob.

Q: Why do both (Lama and Honey Bee) Esky heli swashplates separate for no good reason? No crash, hard landing etc, just in the course of normal use.

I've replaced them , still the same? Is there some special shaft height/servo arm combination? On the Lama I "fixed" the problem by putting plastic spacers on the shaft under the swashplate to physically prevent it from separating -

Should I just get metal swashplates??
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2008, 02:38 AM
Unshaven yokel
Portland, Oregon
Joined Oct 2007
1,483 Posts
You should glue them. You can't get a metal swashplate for the honey bee anyways, and I don't recommend the lama metal swashplate.

Clean off the mating surfaces, and put a VERY SMALL (not even a drop) amount of CA on a toothpick and use that to rub around on the mating surface and shove it back on. I have never had a swashplate separate again after doing this.
sparkysko is offline Find More Posts by sparkysko
Old Feb 03, 2008, 10:28 AM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,703 Posts
Sparky described the same fix that we used for early versions of the T-Rex swash that separated.
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Feb 03, 2008, 10:55 AM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
I also say to glue the 2 pieces together. Had to do it on both my helis. Works great. But as Sparkysko said, be careful to use VERY little.
Realmkaos is offline Find More Posts by Realmkaos
Old Feb 03, 2008, 03:00 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
Put a drop of CA on some spare plastic, then use a pin to transfer just the amount you want.

My HBFP swash separated in flight and the heli drifted away down wind, but it was still really stable so I didn't realise that I had no control, I just thought the wind had got stronger...
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett