SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:30 AM
Dorset, UK
Joined Jun 2002
1 Posts
Discussion
retracts on foamie parkflier?

Hi

Anyone fitted retracts on a parkfly fighter? I've upgraded my second built RCPowers F35 to a 600 watt motor and it is awsome. The extra weight seems to make it fly as if on rails and with virtually unlimited vertical power. I thought I might try to fit some small retracts, as an experiment and thought perhaps someone had some advice to offer?

Tony
oneday is online now Find More Posts by oneday
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:57 AM
United States, TX, Laredo
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
I have several Foamies with electric retracts, If you have the space and it can handle the extra weight I say go for it.
prwingman is offline Find More Posts by prwingman
Old Oct 14, 2014, 05:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Gladesville
Joined Apr 2014
164 Posts
What retracts do you use and how do you reinforce the area around them?

I use the Aussie equivalent of DTF which is quite soft when crushed so I have always been concerned about adding fixed U/C let alone retracts.

ES
EasySimes is offline Find More Posts by EasySimes
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2005
1,329 Posts
Ive found the simplest way to reinfoce foam, but keep it lite is posterboard. If you have some good quality paper, like printer paper, spray glue it together and layer it up you can get something that has a crazy amount of rigidity, but is still lite. This is the more bugeted end of things.

If you look around various stores, crafting, home supply, etc, you may find some nice thin sheets of wood.

Plastic is another option, but probably the most expensive.

Ive also found that useing raw circuit boards (copper removed) works realy well. Since they are basically fiberglass, they have some good strength and rigidity. Ive used this stuff to make control horns too. Some of the best Ive had.
OutcastZeroOne is offline Find More Posts by OutcastZeroOne