SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Dec 2003
566 Posts
Help!
Jeti DS TX?

Hi:

Looking for my "last TX and Rx's.......

Large scale sailplanes with need for more precision and accuracy that my life long obsession with four Ace Radio systems.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions with the Esprit Jeti ds 16 channel systems?

If so, I would like info - first or second hand.

Reply off site, if you wish to - but probalby other might interested in your opinions
TIA
Jim
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2013, 10:49 AM
Gene C
Joined Aug 2008
76 Posts
Jim,
You can download the manual from the Esprit site that will give you a real good idea of the features. I have been able to do some programming using the DC-16 and it is simply super. In my opinion it is the best out there with the built in telemetry, voice, and mixing functions. Check out the .pdf manual and read for your self.
Gene
justhuman is offline Find More Posts by justhuman
Old May 03, 2013, 05:19 PM
Joined Dec 2003
566 Posts
Gene:
I had downloaded the manual and thought this might be too good to be true????

I like the idea of a 24 month warranty.

It is very difficult to give up my four up-to-date ACE Micro Pros. Up until this TX, there was nothing on the market to surpass the Al case, Gimbals, up-dateable, assignable switches, etc - (BUT analog) Micro Pro.

Thanks for the support.

Delivery time?

Digital seems to be the future.
Cheers
Jim
Old May 04, 2013, 03:56 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,115 Posts
There's at least three threads regarding the Jeti Tx's in the 'Radios' forum - lots more info there, but it'll take a while to read through it all.

I've had the Jeti DC-16 since last August and simply love it. It's one of the most versatile high quality transmitters out there and IMHO worth every penny!
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old May 04, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Dec 2003
566 Posts
Thanks

I looked in the Radio Forum and just plain missed it.........urgggh
Thanks
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
There's at least three threads regarding the Jeti Tx's in the 'Radios' forum - lots more info there, but it'll take a while to read through it all.

I've had the Jeti DC-16 since last August and simply love it. It's one of the most versatile high quality transmitters out there and IMHO worth every penny!
Old May 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
Australia, VIC, Wyndham Vale
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
The Jeti DC16 is very easy to program. Worth having it just for the Rx voltage display on the Tx. I can't speak too highly of Esprit, if you have a question, just ask, they will get back to you very quickly. You won't regret moving to Jeti.
wayne the j is offline Find More Posts by wayne the j
Old May 13, 2013, 01:29 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
731 Posts
I resisted as long as I could.
I looked for every possible reason to avoid doing it.
I stayed on 72 MHz for so long that some called me a luddite.
I reasoned that I had been flying my TX's since 1996 with ZERO problems.
I looked for every excuse I could.
But.......
I bought a Jeti DS 16
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old May 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined Dec 2003
566 Posts
Thanks

Asher and others!!!!!
Thank you for the comments. Like you, I have been with the same TXs: ACE since they made them. I even have Tom Runge's personal TX on the shelf.

I went to XPS systems - but really never flew the stuff that much - but absolutely no problem with XPS. It is just difficult to "feel truly comfortable" with plastic after forty+ years of metal. Even my first TX kit had a metal case - Citizenship single with rubber band escapment late 50's

I just want to purchase my LAST system...... as I cannot imagine I will need any other "bells and whistles" than this system has. Programable auto-pilot (hands-off the sticks) for each AMA/FAI soaring event from launch to max landing points?????

Asher- are claiming to be a youth? (rebellious, well maybe!)
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael View Post
I resisted as long as I could.
I looked for every possible reason to avoid doing it.
I stayed on 72 MHz for so long that some called me a luddite.
I reasoned that I had been flying my TX's since 1996 with ZERO problems.
I looked for every excuse I could.
But.......
I bought a Jeti DS 16
Old May 16, 2013, 07:20 AM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
JETI DC-16 - New Super RC Transmitter - The Introduction/preview (1 hr 33 min 42 sec)
here is some preview of DC 16
sluggish1 is offline Find More Posts by sluggish1
Old May 16, 2013, 11:51 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,075 Posts
Way to go, Asher! I settled with the DC-16 after trying the 18-MZ and the latest Graupner. At first I described the Jeti as the least worst new radio since my MPX P4000. I'm finally getting comfortable with its personality and programming approach and now feel that if you are looking for a very flexible open programming radio, it's truly outstanding. And the physical quality of the radio is in a class by itself.

I use the DC-16 for sailplanes and have a DS-16 on order for my tow plane. It's great to be able to say I am very pleased with the Jeti and feel confident Zb will be providing outstanding support as this system grows in popularity.

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR