HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:24 AM
Australia, WA, Marrinup
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum DX / Motor Issue

Hi Guys,

Here is an interesting problem I can't figure out. Put together a new Dynam meteor,bound it to my Spektrum DX7 but blew the motor with an unbalanced fan. Everything went together and worked correctly until I blew the motor. Then the fun stated.

I replaced the motor and fan, put everything back together but I couldn't get the throttle to arm.. with the very bad "beep .. Beep" tone every two seconds. Tried throttle calbrating, rebinding, replacing receiver with spektrum and orange 610, all with the same problem. Tried swapping the esc with a dual sky, same problem, tried different motors, same problem. Thinking it was a transmitter problem I tried my dx6, just had the same dramas.

Then I went and ran a bench test with all new gear (servo, motor, esc, receiver) and the beeping problem continued. Went through and replaced everything against and still didn't get it to work.

I can swap receivers and rebind on my existing aircraft and everything is ok... just not anything with a new esc. I've tried reversing throttle etc and resetting tx, still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Dingo
Dingo24 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo24
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:26 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,697 Posts
Presumably your other servos are working when the ESC is not arming?

Usually that beep tells you that the ESC has power, but is getting no valid signal. So, have you tried a servo in the throttle channel to see if its putting out a proper signal?
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn