SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
Build Log
MK-1 Flying wing UAV Scratch build

This is a project in which stems from the plans of a b-2 bomber and this is what I am coming up with. I pulled the pictures from the internet, blew them up to the size I was looking for then I made 1/4" mdf profiles of the shapes and thats how I got all my pieces. So far there are 4 pieces of foam that make up the plane. There is still a bunch of sanding and hand shaping to do, but this is as far as I got yesterday and just wanted to share cause I think it looks pretty nifty!

Im thinking about putting an outrunner on the back with either a double or triple bladed pusher prop. Edf's have been considered, just dont know if I have the room. I will probably incorporate edf's on the next one as I did not cut reliefs for them in this proto. Let me know what you think guys and thanks for looking!
mattius7 is offline Find More Posts by mattius7
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:05 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,398 Posts
Forget the EDFs unless you just want really short flying times.

What is the payload going to be?
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
I dont know exactly what the payload will be, but I do know the plane will be fairly light and with its wing coverage it seems like it will have quite the payload capabilities. Im figuring the plane will weigh no more then 900 grams with battery and electronics. The cameras will be fairly small and lightweight, but it would be nice to have a chunky 4-5 lbs payload capacity or higher if I need it in the future.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
13 Posts
do you have planes ? thanks
t763rm3n is offline Find More Posts by t763rm3n
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
If its plans your looking for then no I dont have plans for this model. Its kind of a prototype at this stage and its being produced from various pictures of the b-2 spirit bomber. If your wondering if you can buy one of these I would consider making them for sale. Maybe when I get closer to completion I can make a set of plans for this model. Until then I have none. Thanks for taking a look!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
Update on mk-1 flying wing

Motor and esc have been chosen as well as battery. I am gonna try and fly this thing on an 8400 MAH lipo and see what it does. So obviously my previous statement about the planes weight being around 900 grams has gone completely out the window! Tomorrow I plan to start cutting the wings up and smoothing the fuse, maybe get some servos mounted!
Last edited by mattius7; Jan 08, 2013 at 12:39 AM.