SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 06, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
On mine I cranked the setscrews down and used thin ca to lock it in. Also made sure the pushrod tubes were locked in. Sounds like it held up good. Post some pics. Would like to see the structure as to holding up after the ground strike. You can also solder it together after getting it set in lengths. I have used wheel collars and wrapped with copper wire and soldered. That will never fail on twin rod elevators.
Beardiedrg is online now Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 12:20 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
The airframe is completely intact, no covering damage except for the top of the rear fuselage, immediately behind the wing. That blew out from the force of the plane hitting the water and I'm just going to tape it over with packing tape.

The only real damage was to the landing gear, the gear is ripped clean off and will just be rebuilt with a sheet of balsa or ply and some new gear. I would have been able to retrieve them but they were in the middle of the creek and too far out. Its a creek near an estuary and doesn't smell the best, so I didn't feel like going swimming

Good idea on soldering, I didn't think of that at all! Seems like a much better solution than trying to modify the existing structure.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old May 07, 2013, 08:13 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingk View Post
New ASP .61 for the Stick, broken in and ready to run in the air tomorrow!

- boingk
love those Time-Life books in the background there boingk.

My father had those plus all the WWII books. He gave them to me and now my 17 YO son is enjoying the WWII ones.
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old May 07, 2013, 11:29 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Cheers Big Blue, they were a gift from a guy who frequents the bar I manage. He said he's had them lying around since he was a kid but was never interested in aviation... so one day he brought them down and gave them to me. Great guy.

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jul 09, 2013, 05:36 PM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
This thread seems to have died, but I came across this. I had an Aircruiser 60 back in the 90's, what do you think, is it Stik like? http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/aircruiser60.html
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old Jul 09, 2013, 06:05 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,200 Posts
i do believe the describing term for the thread right now is dead-stik
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Closed Thread