HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
[QUOTE=OlliW;22903826]Yes i have
[. You have however also to invert the Rx and Tx lines of the FTDI adapter] Just started back up, I'm sure there will be more post
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
Thank you Sr
Not that it maters but do you if they need to be drilled and taped?
All you have to work with on them is the 4 pronged base with predrilled holes. So I line them up with the pinion gapped on the main gear. Then mark my two mounting bolt holes through the CF microheli plate. And drill through the plate. I use bolts and nuts to ancher the motor base's. The holes in the mounting base are large enough by themselves to be able to move the motor slightly for gear gapping. Then I dremel the underside of the CF frame to allow the button head 2mm bolts to recess into the CF to clear the main gears. Takes less than 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish. Cheap and plenty of power.

I tried to get Sven to send me his brushless motors, esc, and finished gyromixer so I could assemble it for free to test his new motors he is posting up about. But I never got him to do it. So Sven is still not brushless as of yet.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
got the new motors in the mail. they bolted right in used the same holes. their look nice too. my luck thought 1 out of 3 motors was bad to start with. after working out the bugs crossed esc and getting the stock ga250 gyro working man this heli is flying is great, fast and strong too, control is getting better too.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:04 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,755 Posts
Hey Sonnier,

wau, this sounds GREAT!

maybe you like to post some more info on your setup, maybe some closeup pictures? I guess a couple of guys could be interested in learning more details about your setup. 2S, 3S, BESC, mix rate, transmitter settings, etc. pp.

You're planing also to try again the GA250 gyromixer mod? Would be intersting to hear your opinion about its performance in comparison to the coaxmixer + original GA250 setup.

Have fun and good flying!
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
Hey Sonnier,

wau, this sounds GREAT!

maybe you like to post some more info on your setup, maybe some closeup pictures? I guess a couple of guys could be interested in learning more details about your setup. 2S, 3S, BESC, mix rate, transmitter settings, etc. pp.

You're planing also to try again the GA250 gyromixer mod? Would be intersting to hear your opinion about its performance in comparison to the coaxmixer + original GA250 setup.

Have fun and good flying!
as soon as the ga250 some in i'll start on converting one.
Olliw do you know where some good info on checking the little motors is? I had to change a main gear out that all and now one of the motors tries to smoke on me I have been looking but all i'm finding is big motor stuff. I guess they are the same AC 3ph is a Ac 3ph right?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:16 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
They are phased the same. My guess is you now have an internal short of some kind or lost one of the phases in the connections. Check them all and test them with a Test meter.

I have flown both the gyromixer and coaxmixer systems. The gyromixer still rules by far. The tail control is vastly superior. To get the coaxmixer to run as well I had to push the gain up to where the tail was almost twitchy. Move into any fast flight and it begins to oscillate, whereas the gyromixer stays calm and dialed in. Also had much much better piro ability and is more resistant to vibes as the gain values seem better at lower values.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis