HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
284 Posts
Could you please put http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php in the Links section of deviationtx.com and fix link to MatCat's repository (it moved)?
victzh is offline Find More Posts by victzh
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh View Post
Could you please put http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php in the Links section of deviationtx.com and fix link to MatCat's repository (it moved)?
It is there.
Corrected MatCat's fork, and added Suvsuv's one...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2012
284 Posts
Sorry, overlooked your link. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
What are those forks about in short?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:44 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
A fork is a copy of the original code, using source code control systems like GIT and Mercurial (what Deviation uses, which is a form of GIT), code can be stored all over the place, a fork is a copy of it, and the master repo can whenever desired pull changes from forks and merge it into the main codebase.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
What are those forks about in short?
Matcat is looking at doing some FPV work, though he hasn't gotten very far yet (he also designed the original GUI code way back when).
suvsuv generally has leading-edge Devo10 related stuff that I haven't absorbed into the main code yet
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
A fork is a copy of the original code, using source code control systems like GIT and Mercurial (what Deviation uses, which is a form of GIT), code can be stored all over the place, a fork is a copy of it, and the master repo can whenever desired pull changes from forks and merge it into the main codebase.
Best known to me from
linux universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Matcat is looking at doing some FPV work, though he hasn't gotten very far yet (he also designed the original GUI code way back when).
suvsuv generally has leading-edge Devo10 related stuff that I haven't absorbed into the main code yet
Ah...

Interesting things to know.

I guess I have to investigate Madcats fork. Immersion flight seems nice.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
284 Posts
I checked my Devo 7 - potential USB pins (which are there on STM32F103, but not on STM32F100) are left unconnected. They apparently planned something like Devo 7E.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,676 Posts
Typically walkera.

Market a crippled tx then after everyone complains about how it would be better if it had "this , and that..." present the new and improved E revision.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PRO revision pointed is nose, in the following months.
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Typically walkera.

Market a crippled tx then after everyone complains about how it would be better if it had "this , and that..." present the new and improved E revision.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PRO revision pointed is nose, in the following months.
That would be true if the 'e' version were a better version of the '7'. But the Devo7 is by far a better Tx with a much more limited interface. I think Walkera was looking for a way to get a very low-cost Tx. They started with the 'standard' walkera chassis and tried saving on the electronics, but realized is was cheaper to skimp on the hardware and provide (marginally) better electronics.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Typically walkera.

Not crippled, it's called market segmentation. You sell things to people who would never buy them if they would cost more. Every company does it.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,676 Posts
I guess ,you are both right, I'm just fed of having walkera tx's all around the house

I bought WK since the 4#3 35mhz.

I have on the shelf two 35mhz, two 2401, one 2602, and had at one time one 2801 (sold) and 2801 pro...

I find the project that PB has of converting old tx's very appealing so I'll follow this closely.

I almost fell for a devo10 one week before PB announced his new project, if it works, it will be heaven.

One 2602 and one 2801Pro converted to deviation (for less then the price of a 10), can't wait.
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
284 Posts
I'm curious, why Devo 7 is better than 7E? Physically? Transmission power?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh View Post
I'm curious, why Devo 7 is better than 7E? Physically? Transmission power?
Better gimbals (so I've been told, i don't actually have a 7e yet), more input controls (5 digital and one analog on the Devo7 vs 2 digital on the 7e)
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:14 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
939 Posts
I just got a Devo 12. I like the radio except for a few things:
- Can't see the screen in the sun hardly. Better contrast scheme may be a good fix here.
- Telemetry information is not on the main screen. I have to go into the Settings menu and then click Sensor View. But, when I'm there, I don't see my flight time. Any way to get flight time and sensor information on one screen.. the main one preferably. I just need main power voltage.

Does anyone know the practical range of a Devo 12 with the 12 ch receiver? Can't find ANYTHING on this. I'm looking for someone that has tested (or exceeded) the limit. My radio power is always on max.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob