HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:38 AM
Joined Jul 2012
59 Posts
Dear owners/experts,

I am willing to buy S900 with wookong and nex 5 to use it for geo mapping and surveillance. I have few questions as I am totally new to dji products.

1. Which radio do u recommend to use with it? I am thinking frsky taranis x9d.

2. It will mostly fly in auto using pc GCS with Datalink. Which Datalink do you recommend 2.4ghz or 900mhz?

3. If I go for 2.4ghz Datalink, will it interfere with radio control?

4. Anyone tried 3dr ardupilot telemetry module with wookong? It just needs a serial link then it should work imo.

5. Nex 5 will be used for taking still pics. Is there a way to geo tag them using wookong, if so, how exactly?

6. I am also looking for brushless gimbal cheaper than z15 but effective. The cam would pointing exactly downward most of the time. What do you think about arris 2 axis Brushless Gimbal for nex 5?

Thanks in advance

Happy flying
electrolics is offline Find More Posts by electrolics
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2014, 05:12 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrolics View Post
Dear owners/experts,

I am willing to buy S900 with wookong and nex 5 to use it for geo mapping and surveillance. I have few questions as I am totally new to dji products.

1. Which radio do u recommend to use with it? I am thinking frsky taranis x9d.

2. It will mostly fly in auto using pc GCS with Datalink. Which Datalink do you recommend 2.4ghz or 900mhz?

3. If I go for 2.4ghz Datalink, will it interfere with radio control?

4. Anyone tried 3dr ardupilot telemetry module with wookong? It just needs a serial link then it should work imo.

5. Nex 5 will be used for taking still pics. Is there a way to geo tag them using wookong, if so, how exactly?

6. I am also looking for brushless gimbal cheaper than z15 but effective. The cam would pointing exactly downward most of the time. What do you think about arris 2 axis Brushless Gimbal for nex 5?

Thanks in advance

Happy flying
1. Futaba 8FG or 14SG
2. Up to you, I have 2.4. 900 might go a bit further, but beyond reach of radio.
3. No, you use both at once, like you can take off with radio then use laptop/tablet to initiate waypoint flying etc.
4. haven't tried
5. Not using Wookong, you need a separate geologger to match up the images afterwards. Easy to do though.
6. The Arris gimbal is very good, I have one. A viable cheap alternative to Zenmuse.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
1. Futaba 8FG or 14SG
2. Up to you, I have 2.4. 900 might go a bit further, but beyond reach of radio.
3. No, you use both at once, like you can take off with radio then use laptop/tablet to initiate waypoint flying etc.
4. haven't tried
5. Not using Wookong, you need a separate geologger to match up the images afterwards. Easy to do though.
6. The Arris gimbal is very good, I have one. A viable cheap alternative to Zenmuse.
Thanks
electrolics is offline Find More Posts by electrolics
Old Oct 11, 2014, 07:19 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
848 Posts
If anyone needs IMU V2 for WKM. Never flown

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post29658007
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Oct 11, 2014, 02:20 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
802 Posts
why not the taranis. it is a very capable radio. i use it on everything. sold al my jr radios both xg8 and 11xzero. on my 960 with everything i hadd to use 13 ch. and i use 8 on sbus for the wookong and the rest on pwm ports for gimbal,shutter ,retracts etc..
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:38 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornthans View Post
why not the taranis. it is a very capable radio. i use it on everything. sold al my jr radios both xg8 and 11xzero. on my 960 with everything i hadd to use 13 ch. and i use 8 on sbus for the wookong and the rest on pwm ports for gimbal,shutter ,retracts etc..
I can second that, Taranis with S-buss + 8 addition standard outputs is the way to go, and you can buy three of them for the cost of a Futaba.
HummingbirdRPV is offline Find More Posts by HummingbirdRPV
Old Oct 12, 2014, 02:09 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
And do you have this on a 3 Axis gimbla or 2 axis?
phil222 is offline Find More Posts by phil222
Old Oct 13, 2014, 02:27 AM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
802 Posts
3 axis arries.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2242624
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil222 View Post
And do you have this on a 3 Axis gimbla or 2 axis?
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Oct 17, 2014, 02:17 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
I assume it is not easy/possible to shoot high choreographed sequences with fluid camera movments from one tx?
phil222 is offline Find More Posts by phil222
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
456 Posts
Commercial for Maldives done in "Studio 37" production with lot of my aerials and ground footage with handheld gimbal

Maldives RomanticSide (0 min 34 sec)

Maldives SunnySide (0 min 34 sec)
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant