SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, CA, Madera
Joined Sep 2012
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Interesting article , I think the only real justice is in small claims court. I would never ship cash. I have had to file a few claims with various carriers over the years and as others have commented you have to document everything. biggest concern I have with UPS is they have been hard on packages and if it is not packaged to thier standards they will not pay the damage claim. the best customer service experiences I have had have been with the USPS.
there is a lot of fraud going on out there, I can see carriers wanting a proof of loss. A coworker recently bought a $5000.00 camera from Dell. He recieved the original camera box packaging but inside the box was a bunch of pieces of plywood. Dell claims it is problem with the suppling vendor and won't help him. the vendor won't respond to him at all.
rocco611 is offline Find More Posts by rocco611
Last edited by rocco611; Jan 19, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:

Never heard of inside thievery either at UPS.
Google it! It does happen for sure.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19725516/u...ing-deliveries

http://consumerist.com/2009/08/04/up...-in-his-shoes/

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localne...BCD1x7RvA.cspx
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:39 PM
Insert witty comment here...
Scranton Pa
Joined Jun 2008
203 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Thefts happen everywhere. The percentage of items stolen by shipping employees is very low. As stated many times before, before you ship, know how to ship. There are ways around the insurance coverage system that shippers have. The shipping companies have the rules stated but its not always easy to find. The rules are there to protect them.

Think about the percentage of people who scam the system vs shipping employess scamming.

Since 2005, I have sent over 700 packages through all the companies. Only handful of times have I had issues from the shipper, mostly crushed boxes. Claims always paid. The real problems are the buyers trying scam me or the shipper. I couldnt count those issues.
Curt S is offline Find More Posts by Curt S