HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:30 PM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
349 Posts
I wonder how this compares to the yak 54
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Tomdomification's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
I so dumb...

Tom :-)
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Last edited by Tomdomification; Jan 19, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
Carbon-z? Well to start of with, this plane is designed for 3D whereas the Yak is more of a sports model, capable of some 3D.
Tom :-)
???
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:13 PM
accel8or
accel8or's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
485 Posts
Problem with the elevator. Not getting full throws. Is this normal until as3x kicks in?

Got everything per the instructions (on the elevator): servo travel 125%. dual rate high: 100% expo: 20%

Re-binded and still very little elevator servo travel. Does not appear to be struggling or pinched against something. The elevator connecting rod was placed in-factory at the furthest part of the servo horn, and at the innermost hole at the elevator horn.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How people size you up
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
Registered User
echoplanar's Avatar
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,793 Posts
Well that was a fast 20 min to get the plane ready to bind.

The box was bigger than I expected and the plane is too-hope to get some flights tomorrow.

Jon
echoplanar is online now Find More Posts by echoplanar
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Virginia
Joined Mar 2007
32 Posts
accel8or

Try changing thr gear switch to #1 position from #0.

This on mine changed both thr throw of elevator as well as 3D settings
Beach Copter is offline Find More Posts by Beach Copter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:20 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
Problem with the elevator. Not getting full throws. Is this normal until as3x kicks in?

Got everything per the instructions (on the elevator): servo travel 125%. dual rate high: 100% expo: 20%

Re-binded and still very little elevator servo travel. Does not appear to be struggling or pinched against something. The elevator connecting rod was placed in-factory at the furthest part of the servo horn, and at the innermost hole at the elevator horn.
Is the rx in 3D mode or general flight mode? According to the manual, you need to be in 3D flight mode to get full throws.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! just had the maiden with the Parkzone VisionAire

no trimming needed, flew off the ground straight and true like it was on rails, straight up and into a hover does so much and this was in General and D/R at 70%
I then flicked it onto 100% rates in General and to start with i think most will be blown away at how it responds.
I then flicked back to low rates and hit the 3D switch man so much fun, this plane flys so slow, but just stays under control anyway having 3 position switches i set a mid position on the 3D and flicked to that, it was mind blowing for a noob like me, i never put them on 100% being my first flight, but will try them as soon as i get more comfortable, as this is not my plane and has to go back for other engagements oh landing was easy i had to go round again because i miss judged the first and wanted to land in front which was a cinch to do as your see in the video

anyway i'm off to cool down it was bloody hot out there then it's time to edit the vid and get it uploading

cheers chuck

PS oh did i mention your gonna love this plane
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! just had the maiden with the Parkzone VisionAire

no trimming needed, flew off the ground straight and true like it was on rails, straight up and into a hover does so much and this was in General and D/R at 70%
I then flicked it onto 100% rates in General and to start with i think most will be blown away at how it responds.
I then flicked back to low rates and hit the 3D switch man so much fun, this plane flys so slow, but just stays under control anyway having 3 position switches i set a mid position on the 3D and flicked to that, it was mind blowing for a noob like me, i never put them on 100% being my first flight, but will try them as soon as i get more comfortable, as this is not my plane and has to go back for other engagements oh landing was easy i had to go round again because i miss judged the first and wanted to land in front which was a cinch to do as your see in the video

anyway i'm off to cool down it was bloody hot out there then it's time to edit the vid and get it uploading

cheers chuck

PS oh did i mention your gonna love this plane
Cool! Can't wait to see the video!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:26 PM
Road Scholar
JimmyJet727's Avatar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Hey folks, battery question. I have several 2200mah 20C batteries. Parkzone recommends 25C for the Visionaire. I'm a total 3D newbie and *not* looking for ultimate performance. Will the 20C batteries be okay?

Thanks, JJ
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJet727 View Post
Hey folks, battery question. I have several 2200mah 20C batteries. Parkzone recommends 25C for the Visionaire. I'm a total 3D newbie and *not* looking for ultimate performance. Will the 20C batteries be okay?

Thanks, JJ
should be fine for low and slow
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:54 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJet727 View Post
Hey folks, battery question. I have several 2200mah 20C batteries. Parkzone recommends 25C for the Visionaire. I'm a total 3D newbie and *not* looking for ultimate performance. Will the 20C batteries be okay?

Thanks, JJ
Oh yea. You'll be ok. You'll notice the most of verticals but for everything else you should be just fine.

Did you pick one up from Mike?? Need someone to "test it out" for you??
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:26 PM
accel8or
accel8or's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Is the rx in 3D mode or general flight mode? According to the manual, you need to be in 3D flight mode to get full throws.

Joel
I'm gonna go thru the manual again to see where to do that. Know where it is offhand? Thanks Joel.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How people size you up
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
I'm gonna go thru the manual again to see where to do that. Know where it is offhand? Thanks Joel.
Gear switch Position 0 is General Mode position 1 is 3D mode

cheers chuck

PS did i mention this plane is a blast
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:35 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,044 Posts
CHUCK hurry up with YOUR VIDEO,,,,,there are thousands of US waiting for your MAIDEN 3d ADVENTURE
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 4444 Today 12:46 AM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 01:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 10:10 AM