SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 10:38 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
611 Posts
I am an idiot

Flyzone Beaver Island Wings - Stupid Crash (2 min 37 sec)
Micubano is online now Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Optim 80 CP Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:56 AM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Hi

I was just about to maiden the Beaver on skis, and then the snow melted...

I was wondering if anyone has flown off grass on skis. I see some of you have flown of grass on floats, so is there any reason it wouldn't work with skis? Possibly even better since there is less area for friction and the (Dubro) skis are probably more robust than the floats? I suppose the answer may vary with the state of the grass.
Frosty: Yes
Wet: Probably
Dry: I don't know.

Also, I see many people are advocating cutting out the rear door for access. How much does this weaken the airframe for those of us who may not nail every landing?

Any useful (or funny) replies are welcome.

Owen
I don't think you'd have any trouble on grass, dry, wet, or otherwise. Keep the tips up, and skis would work on most surfaces.
roversgonemad is online now Find More Posts by roversgonemad