HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Greece, Kriti, Crete
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Today I tried messing with Height dampening.... Keeping my quad by hand it seems pretty responsive in height changes! But I noticed something strange... If I put some yaw movements then suddenly it starts to apply much power wanting to go up.. This happens when height d. Is more than 30... For value 20 or less it's ok but the effect is also not much... Any values for sharing out there? The gain value has max 30 (corresponds to 100% or 30% max?) other than that, self level at value of 80 seems fine and PI are at 80/100 45/20
gsfakian is offline Find More Posts by gsfakian
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Vtail

VTAIL + KK2.0-1.2V * ALL ALUMINUM HOME MADE FRAME (2 min 2 sec)

....just made the frame a little longer.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 23, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: MORE
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
In action...

VTAIL with KK2.0-1.2V * BACKYARD TEST FLIGHT* ALL ALUMINUM FRAME (5 min 29 sec)

...at 2.8 lbs,it can still move quick and agile and fun to fly.Thanks for watching !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Oct 23, 2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: more
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Haha boo!

If you run short on space, dump the code at me, I will help you pack it. GCC 4.7.1 and newer also have 24-bit types. Keep everything in one file as much as possible (or static inlines only in include files), make all functions static, -Os, and inline asm the interrupts with reserved registers. Check out this for the interrupt/register allocation stuff: https://github.com/sim-/kk/blob/master/kk.c If you look at the assembly, you'll see that GCC still does some pretty dumb stuff (like random assignments to registers that never get used for no reason that never gets used), but it's getting better.
Hey, SimonK, between you and KaptainKurk, you guys can write it anyway you want and
most of us will enjoy using it! While you are re-writing, how about adding whatever you
have to add to make the KK2.0 a gimbal control?????

Also, how about the KK3??????? You know, the one with position hold, RTH,GPS and more??????
We'll be watching and waiting!!!!!!!!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I'm also not getting angle hold, it will drift back quickly to "level" over 5-10 seconds. My understand is that properly tuned it should hold the angle it is given with a proper I value.
On my quad with auto level turned off, it will go forward and maintain a forward angle as long as I keep the ELEV stick forward. Releasing the stick makes the quad level out.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
On my quad with auto level turned off, it will go forward and maintain a forward angle as long as I keep the ELEV stick forward. Releasing the stick makes the quad level out.
Turn your gains up.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
subaru4wd said: Turn your gains up.

Why would I need to turn my gain up when it flies great and the way I like it? Doesn't even need autolevel.

K-MAN Kopter 10-06-2012 (6 min 56 sec)
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Ok, here are my settings:

Elevator pitch axis:

P Gain : 35
P Limit :100
I Gain: 25
I Limit: 20

Aileron pitch axis:

P Gain : 35
P Limit :100
I Gain: 25
I Limit: 20

Yaw pitch axis:

P Gain: 100
P Limit: 100
I Gain 20
I Limit 20

Does that look ok, or could it be better?

Cheers

Matt
I use flashed ESC's on mine so my Ail/El P Gains are a lot higher, but those should give you a good starting point.

Did you leave your Stick Scaling at default as you will probably need to raise those to get any decent control, I think default is 50, I would put them up to 60 to start.

Just follow the Tuning Guide in post 1 or was it 2.

Deyrick
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
subaru4wd said: Turn your gains up.

Why would I need to turn my gain up when it flies great and the way I like it? Doesn't even need autolevel.
Then don't. But its not supposed to fly like that with auto-level off.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Tuning guide says if it returns to level after releasing stick, Increase I gain.

(thats no Autolevel of course)
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
http://youtu.be/d6_5rB03r5c

...at 2.8 lbs,it can still move quick and agile and fun to fly.Thanks for watching !
Flies great!
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Well, that explains a lot. Was trying to get props balanced and secured and was spooling it up and down and it started acting weird. Went into the receiver screen only to find the numbers dancing around like crazy. Crap, now I have to figure out which part is going bad, hopefully it's not the Rx unit since my order won't be here for another two weeks or so.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Hi all I have a bumblebee and have a kk2 board.. im new at this and every time a try to take off it wants to tip over left or back wards ive tried trimming it out but does not do much i thought it was going to be fairley easy to fly?? it seems more unstable than a normal heli?? does anyone know what could be causing this im running 4 HK blue series 30amp esc stock motors and hitech radio. if i hold my quad at power up quickly it violently pulls left. Can anyone please give me some advice or a list of settingings for a quad in X formation 550 size Cheers all
Dannyp47 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyp47
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:24 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyp47 View Post
Hi all I have a bumblebee and have a kk2 board.. im new at this and every time a try to take off it wants to tip over left or back wards ive tried trimming it out but does not do much i thought it was going to be fairley easy to fly?? it seems more unstable than a normal heli?? does anyone know what could be causing this im running 4 HK blue series 30amp esc stock motors and hitech radio. if i hold my quad at power up quickly it violently pulls left. Can anyone please give me some advice or a list of settingings for a quad in X formation 550 size Cheers all
Check your motor directions and the props. For example, motor 1 is top left and spins clockwise (right). You put a reverse prop (R) in that motor.

Make sure you select quad x in the setting.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Check your motor directions and the props. For example, motor 1 is top left and spins clockwise (right). You put a reverse prop (R) in that motor.

Make sure you select quad x in the setting.
I have selected X and props seem to be right way if motor spin clockwise i have blunt end of prop spinning clockwise correct??
Dannyp47 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyp47