HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
RC Geek
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Interesting idea for sure. I wonder if any of the FPV guys have done something like that. Lose radio contact and fail safe to motor off and chute deployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbcn View Post
A chute as airbrakes would def work i think. I made one big enough to land the whole plane and it worked like a charm. Just two garbage bags and some string. But if you made on a quarter size you could have a real nice airbrake for landing i bet.

http://youtu.be/XNWO-Kgy48Y
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
I hope eckace1 and scottdearinger are out flying since it is still raining in Daytona so the race has not started yet.

Get some videos guys.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
Happy when flying!
France, Aquitaine
Joined Sep 2011
160 Posts
A friend maidened his Easystar II and is very pleased with it

Multiplex Easystar II RR maiden flight (2 min 22 sec)
kjrell is offline Find More Posts by kjrell
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrell View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMpsIUreYA
And that's how it should be done. Nice.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_NJ View Post
Scott maybe you need a song about having multiple planes and the girls can do changes and such along the way. Sort like that Grorge Michael song where it's the same girl but dressed up different throughout the song.
Great idea- and as each gal models a plane the other can be changing-hhmmm may have to add a girl- got one in mind...

Was too darn windy today to fly- we agreed we would have launched EZ*'s but couldn't toss up the radians- to much wing for gusts to 30mph
our ez's are on the bench awaiting parts(mine a total rebuild)
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrell View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMpsIUreYA
That was a great Maiden flight. Nice and smooth from beginning to end.

Great job.

Vince
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
Great idea- and as each gal models a plane the other can be changing-hhmmm may have to add a girl- got one in mind...

Was too darn windy today to fly- we agreed we would have launched EZ*'s but couldn't toss up the radians- to much wing for gusts to 30mph
our ez's are on the bench awaiting parts(mine a total rebuild)
So you asked NASCAR to delay the entire race for you to fly and then you chickened out.

You better not ask for another delay. I want to watch the race in real time tomorrow.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
So you asked NASCAR to delay the entire race for you to fly and then you chickened out.

You better not ask for another delay. I want to watch the race in real time tomorrow.
Nascar is like the NBA or March Madness, just watch the last 3 minutes.

I'll tell you what...if your bored and sick of this winter weather, missing flying your EZ and have nothing to build, get one of these.
I don't care how new you are or what you think of Heli's, you got to try this. I've had a few Heli's over the years and NEVER had anything as much fun as this thing.

My son came over Sat. and gave me a present for no reason. It was this little Heli. I've been flying it around the house driving the dogs nuts all day.

Obviously the technology of these things have improved to a point where they are scottdearinger proof, as they are so simple to fly.

Metal frame, spare parts available, 1 cell lipo powered, can charge off you PC with the supplied cable or off the TX.....what a deal. I love this thing. $20.95 plus shipping...if you spend 25 bucks or more the shipping is free. Ye-ha.

This isn't one of those 5inch units, it's about 8 inches....and you have full coaxial control. Worth every penny. Check it out. They make a Apache version too.

Gotta slap a keychain camera on this......

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107...0302875&sr=8-1
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Last edited by 2500GENE; Feb 27, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Nascar is like the MLB or March Madness, just watch the last 3 minutes.

I'll tell you what...if your bored and sick of this winter weather, missing flying your EZ and have nothing to build, get one of these.
I don't care how new you are or what you think of Heli's, you got to try this. I've had a few Heli's over the years and NEVER had anything as much fun as this thing.

My son came over Sat. and gave me a present for no reason. It was this little Heli. I've been flying it around the house driving the dogs nuts all day.

Obviously the technology of these things have improved to a point where they are scottdearinger proof, as they are so simple to fly.

Metal frame, spare parts available, 1 cell lipo powered, can charge off you PC with the supplied cable or off the TX.....what a deal. I love this thing. $20.95 plus shipping...if you spend 25 bucks or more the shipping is free. Ye-ha.

This isn't one of those 5inch units, it's about 8 inches....and you have full coaxial control. Worth every penny. Check it out. They make a Apache version too.

Hmmm, what a sales pitch. I have both of them in my Amazon cart (with spares).
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Nascar is like the MLB or March Madness, just watch the last 3 minutes.

I'll tel

we will see as scottdearinger just ordered one-lol- you have sold several already- amazon owes you....I also have cat that needs chased..
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Last edited by scottdearinger; Feb 26, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Hmmm, what a sales pitch. I have both of them in my Amazon cart (with spares).
Bill, you'll have a blast with them. I gotta order the Apache model my son has too.Bit slower the the blue version I have.. but looks cool as turds flying.
I just chased the cat out the back door with it. HA!.
Glad the wifes away for the weekend!
Charging up now.
I smacked these blades about 20 time already. No damage.
Ernie wants to eat it.
Fun Fun Fun...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
I did quite a bit of research in micro helis a little while ago. I was looking to get Ms. Diddy something RC for her birthday earlier in the month. I was really close to getting an S107 for her. As far as 3 channel tail-motor helis go, that is the cream of the crop and has a huge following. It's much better than most "mall-helis".

That being said, I was turned off by the fact that it charges (if I remember correctly) from a USB port and doesn't have an interchangeable battery. I also wanted to get her something a little more hobby-grade with easy to find replacement parts. After even more reading, I settled on the Blade Scout CX and have been ecstatic with the decision. It, too, is 3 channel but is a bit more hobby-grade. It's INCREDIBLY stable. I wish I had something like that when I learned to fly helis. I had some much fun flying her new present around a few times that I went into the classifieds and bought myself a used Blade mCX so we could fly together. So ends my rant (and splurge) in micro-helis.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
I did quite a bit of research in micro helis a little while ago. I was looking to get Ms. Diddy something RC for her birthday earlier in the month. I was really close to getting an S107 for her. As far as 3 channel tail-motor helis go, that is the cream of the crop and has a huge following. It's much better than most "mall-helis".

That being said, I was turned off by the fact that it charges (if I remember correctly) from a USB port and doesn't have an interchangeable battery. I also wanted to get her something a little more hobby-grade with easy to find replacement parts. After even more reading, I settled on the Blade Scout CX and have been ecstatic with the decision. It, too, is 3 channel but is a bit more hobby-grade. It's INCREDIBLY stable. I wish I had something like that when I learned to fly helis. I had some much fun flying her new present around a few times that I went into the classifieds and bought myself a used Blade mCX so we could fly together. So ends my rant (and splurge) in micro-helis.
It's worth the 22 bucks. There is 2 ways to charge it. It is what it is and and the gryo system and control in it is amazing. This is not a Heli to grow with or modify. It's a 20 buck toy that kicks butt and is built very well.

Should have got her one.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
It's worth the 22 bucks. There is 2 ways to charge it. It is what it is and and the gryo system and control in it is amazing. This is not a Heli to grow with or modify. It's a 20 buck toy that kicks butt and is built very well.

Should have got her one.
Gene

Looks like you started a trend. Hope Amazon gives you credit since I also just got a yellow one with a set of replacement blades. Not bad for $25.71 and free shipping.

Vince
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
... get one of these.
This is what got me back into R/C about 4-5 years ago! I literally WORE THE MOTORS OUT in my livingroom.

... hence the name "Chairwolf?" 'Nuff said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41mj...ayer_embedded#!
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf