fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:50 AM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Eric,

Do you have an idea on how much a pallet of blue core costs and how they can be ordered? I'm planning to procure some for scratch building, like the one you flew last monday.

Ender, I will see if I can sneak out on monday to fly. Natomas is far from me. Were you able to edit the vids you took last monday? BTW, how did you open the t28 canopy to put the keychain cam? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Jun 05, 2010, 02:41 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
monday is definitely out for me. i doubt ill be making it out tomorrow either :-(
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:23 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
Thats what I just asked you!!!

I say we try it out, are you open to meet out there this weekend?
SOrry, I thought I deleted the first post before I sent it, so I re-wrote the post much shorter the second time. Sorry for being an idiot. (I was at work when I wrote the post too).

It was too windy today out there. I want to try again tomorrow (Saturday). I will be able to go around 2:00
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:24 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamcrazee View Post
is that the orange circled area on the map?
Thanks
yes!
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:48 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
I was introduced to a "flying field" in Elverta. There is no fee (it's a private residence of a small aircraft hangar/workshop). I have been going for about a month, but I do get the impression by the clique that I am not welcome as I am not properly versed in all their etiquette, even though I don't need to be error-corrected in etiquette a second time. (mostly 60+ year old retired guys flying electrics and slimers)

Also, the owner is apparently having his buddy do AMA membership verifications. (I'm not opposed to it, but I am starting to question if I want to continue to fly there for other obvious reasons). Maybe if I can get a clique of younger (under 60 in mind or body) whippersnappers, I wouldn't be so bothered by them. That or I'll be banned entirely
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:00 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Can we establish an alternative RC flying group here in Sac/ Elk Grove area? Just thinking out loud...
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:32 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Gent96,

I think we already have! We have one good meeting place at Grant Line in Elk Grove. And we may have another in Natomas that I am going to today. I have not mixed up that other video yet by the way (I will I promise), and the Keychain cam went on my wing, I have a 2nd Canopy that I removed the plastic from, Trimmed down, installed a Wire Canopy Frame (for looks) and I straped an HD Camcorder to it for those previous videos. I may not be using it anymore though as I am satisfied with the Keychain Cam video, and its a lot less stressful to fly without a $200 camera strapped to a removable piece of the plane!!!

Restlesswind,

In no way are you an "Idiot" dont be so hard on yourself. I will leave a little bit later and try to catch you in Natomas around 2pm today. I get what you are saying about the Elverta spot, and that sort of thing is why I am not an AMA Field kindofguy. I prefer to have fun and fly how we want, so far no one or any cars has been hit by a plane and I think we are all mature/capable enough of flying on our own.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:38 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Grant Line Rd, Elk Grove CA, Memorial Day (7 min 18 sec)

Here is the video from last week. Gent, I thought I got better video of your corsair, but you can see that I had the camera pointed too low and I got the sky instead of a lot of passes and ground instead of your landing . I did get a few good passes of you though.

PZ T-28 Trojan FPV Natomas, CA (4 min 30 sec)

This is the quick flight I got in Natomas today with RestlessWind. Watch the Birds at ~2:30, I swear I was not aiming for them

I will fly at that spot again (hopefully in cooler weather...) but it is a little close to a busy street. There is PLENTY of area to fly in, but not much area to land in (away from the road).

Great meeting you today RestlessWind, we share a likeminded point of view on a lot of things and I think you will get along with those of us who have just started flying together just fine.
Last edited by ender707; Jun 06, 2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2010, 12:08 AM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Whoa! Close call with the birds, LOL! It's nice to capture such rare instances on cam, Eric. Just wondering what would happen if a birdstrike would really happen.

Nice take on the memorial day video. Thanks for that. I would check out the Natomas "air theater of operations", too. Hope to sortie with the group again.

Later,

Gent
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:32 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
fishrfly and ender, you guys both Eric's? Sorry, im terrible with names
Old Jun 06, 2010, 03:25 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbm3 View Post
fishrfly and ender, you guys both Eric's? Sorry, im terrible with names
Yup.
Old Jun 07, 2010, 12:41 AM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Ahh they were just pigeons. They are fair game

Anyone fly in Elk Grove today?? There is a giant hay stack in the belly lander LZ...At least that's what it looked like from Grantline as I drove home from work today.
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:25 AM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
No flying yet. Quite busy with work around the house. When's the next sortie at Grant? The more, the merrier. I think I will be outfitting the PZ Corsair with the Turnigy 3536C so I can race Nick's P-51, LOL. I lost two rockets during the last sortie. I swear LCDR WALSH (the pilot) sighted some enemy troops in the open and let loose some ordnance without clearance. LOL.

Ahh, pigeons. They were a bane on my house's roof for some time...till I called pigeon control. Now they're onto neighbors'. That's life...

Later,

Gent
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent96 View Post
No flying yet. Quite busy with work around the house. When's the next sortie at Grant? The more, the merrier. I think I will be outfitting the PZ Corsair with the Turnigy 3536C so I can race Nick's P-51, LOL. I lost two rockets during the last sortie. I swear LCDR WALSH (the pilot) sighted some enemy troops in the open and let loose some ordnance without clearance. LOL.

Ahh, pigeons. They were a bane on my house's roof for some time...till I called pigeon control. Now they're onto neighbors'. That's life...

Later,

Gent
hmm might have to do the power-10 upgrade sooner than i thought...