Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:01 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Huh....

Wayme,
Where did Clemens claim that one can parallel 2 of batteries of different cell count?

He only talked about different capacities.
Hi anlucas, Wayne was quick and read my - wrong - first version where i mistakenly wrote about combining a six cell with a three cell. I was so quick to correct it that he already quoted the newer, correct version.

Good that we all understand these basics, I found many misconceptions about parallel circuits in the threads - not here :-)

cheers, and best regards to Athens
Clemens
mopetista is offline Find More Posts by mopetista
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:41 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
I don't think I can call mine puffy at all. They just are not as firm like a rock after the first charging. Sounds exactly like my experience. The packs are still flat. I'd say they are like pressing down on a 1/32 piece of foam tape where the day they arrived, were capable of hammering in a nail through a 2x4.

Sounds like there is some grey area between squish and puff???
Bro, make sure to keep them in storage charge after you use them for sure
here is a picture of some of my packs I use for NAMBA20 racing
2 that I imported ( 50C )
and 3 that I bought on line ( 65C )
Magnum from buz in Denver

all my packs are kept in storage charge after racing, and I check my packs after your posts just to check up on them
they have been sitting about 2 months now and the 5000mah 65C pack was real squishy and the voltage range was .260 volts per cell
I put that one on my charger to balance it out and will see how well it sits for the next 2 months before more testing with my boats

love these planes
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55