HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:56 PM
Joined Feb 2006
16 Posts
Discussion
Model Tech Magic 3D with OS .40LA?

I am new to this site and I just started flying about 2 months ago. I just built a .40 magic with a os 40LA I has a 10x4 prop with i think it was to small. Today I will get a 11x4 and 11x5 and try those. I was quirious of how you guys have yours set up and will I be able to hover with my current set up?

Thanks in advance for your help

JP
jpcycles is offline Find More Posts by jpcycles
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:38 PM
Nucking Futs
Southern Killafornia
Joined Jan 2005
1,626 Posts
I'm no expert but had a tough time keeping it hovering with a OS40FX which has a little more power that the LA.

The trick I learned was to enter the hover from level flight and transition into it and add throttle as required. It will take some time to figure out how much throttle you need to get it to stay at about the same height. If I slipped too far down I oftentimes couldn't get it to pull vertical and had to ditch the hover and try again.

I also kept adding tail weight until it held the hover position really well without being out of control. Be careful, you can play with the CG a bit but too much and you just handed yourself a monokote sack filled with balsa dust.

HTH, RJ
I'm Rick James is offline Find More Posts by I'm Rick James
Old Feb 08, 2006, 08:41 AM
Joined Jan 2006
8 Posts
HI guys

my magic prop hangs at half stick with an ENYA 35X (+ mini pipe) and 11 x 3 in it.

the 40LA is not a good 3D motor as it is very short on power for its weight.

also the pick up from idle is not brilliant.

you need a small very powerful motor like the 35X or OS32 with a broad band pipe

regards piroflip
piroflip3 is offline Find More Posts by piroflip3
Old Feb 08, 2006, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2006
16 Posts
Thanks for the help
jpcycles is offline Find More Posts by jpcycles