HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:52 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Video
Nigel Farage, who are you? Channel 4 Documentary

Nigel Farage, Who are you ? - Channel 4 documentary (52 min 39 sec)
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Apr 09, 2014, 06:09 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Farage is what we call in the states a Libertarian. Like him or not, he seems to me to be a genuine threat to the cozy Tories and Labor.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Apr 09, 2014, 08:16 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Did you see the disgruntled little goofball at the end suggest the media needs to try and control the outcome ?.... Witch !....
Old Apr 09, 2014, 10:35 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Farage sees B.S. and is publically calling it B.S.

I like this guy.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Apr 09, 2014, 10:57 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Farage sees B.S. and is publically calling it B.S.

I like this guy.
He is a hoot. How can anybody not like him ?
Old Apr 09, 2014, 11:00 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69 View Post
He is a hoot. How can anybody not like him ?

Well I can see how a few arrogant EU officials may take exception to him turning a serchlight onto to some of their sleezy antics.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Apr 10, 2014, 01:44 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
He's rapidly becoming a political hero here in the UK - he calls a spade a shovel and doesn't pull punches.

Yesterday's Channel 4 newscaster interviewed him regarding a scandal over expenses with a Tory cabinet member (Maria Miller) who 'resigned' over it - the Anchor pointed out that Farage had claimed more expenses than anyone from the EU.

Yes indeed - I did that and continue to do that and I use every penny I glean to try and get the organisation eradicated!

Good lad our Nigel - uses the very tools that are presented by the EU to shaft them with!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:16 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,310 Posts
Indeed - it's no surprise that a Little Englander xenophobe finds plenty of support amongst the faithful.

Anti-Europeanism and anti-immigration is a popular viewpoint with many of those Anglo-hyphen-Saxons, right up until they need a Polish plumber or a Latvian cleaner. The nerve of those "lazy, good for nothing, layabouts, coming over here stealing our jobs - oh and there won;t be any VAT on the building work, will there"?
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Indeed - it's no surprise that a Little Englander xenophobe finds plenty of support amongst the faithful.

Anti-Europeanism and anti-immigration is a popular viewpoint with many of those Anglo-hyphen-Saxons, right up until they need a Polish plumber or a Latvian cleaner. The nerve of those "lazy, good for nothing, layabouts, coming over here stealing our jobs - oh and there won;t be any VAT on the building work, will there"?
I totally agree. I would add that I think he is a big headed wally and while taking his huge pay from the EU something of a hypocrite.

But I like the way he is winding up the others, particularly the useless Clegg and his useless party.. UKIPs policies are either dopey, secret or non-existent and they can't possibly win the next GE but they are having my 'protest' vote.

EU? Better in than out as at least we have a say in what goes on. And I am 'international' by inclination though sometimes pretend not to be. Wales is far more xenophobic than England, but Scotland does not to seem to be xenophobic at all. Not liking the crowd in Westminster doesn't count.

Come September you might have to keep your nose out
Mark Powell is online now Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Last edited by Mark Powell; Apr 10, 2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:54 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,310 Posts
How can Wales be xenophobic? They don;t even have an x in their alphabet - it would be have to be csenoffohobic, surely?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:58 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1,332 Posts
Quote:
How can Wales be xenophobic? They don;t even have an x in their alphabet - it would be have to be csenoffohobic, surely?
Yes.

They set fire to our holiday homes while buying houses in my nearby Romsey and working for IBM (as I did). Thus they take away both our houses and our jobs. My father was Welsh but lived here so was a typical example.

(Please don't bring up that we are perfectly happy to sell them our houses, as they are willing to sell their houses to us. Good scam that. We move out because of the fires so they get them back cheaper than we paid for them.)
Last edited by Mark Powell; Apr 10, 2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:06 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,310 Posts
I love Wales, have spent many a happy time there and think that it's a marvellous place and so are the people, in my experience. North Wales is a little less inclusive than South Wales, but it's easier to be well balanced with a chip on both shoulders
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:11 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1,332 Posts
Quote:
I love Wales, have spent many a happy time there and think that it's a marvellous place and so are the people, in my experience. North Wales is a little less inclusive than South Wales, but it's easier to be well balanced with a chip on both shoulders
I stay at Tallyllyn Lake to kill trout when I am bored with killing trout here on our local River Test. I would also like to kill salmon in Scotland but its 900 quid a week at Tulchan on the Spey plus 900 quid accomodaton. So Scotland's economy will be fine - they don't need my 1800 quid as there is a waiting list.
Last edited by Mark Powell; Apr 10, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:15 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Powell View Post
I stay at Tallyllyn Lake to kill trout when I am bored with killing trout here.
A historic place, slap-bang in the middle of my field area and an area of major scientific and historical importance.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:19 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Powell View Post
I stay at Tallyllyn Lake to kill trout when I am bored with killing trout here on our local River Test. I would also like to kill salmon in Scotland but its 900 quid a week at Tulchan on the Spey plus 900 quid accomodaton.
The folks standing up to their waist in freezing cold water this week seem to be enjoying themselves -had a wee trip out through the Cairngorms up to Speyside on Tuesday and there were a lot of them about Never tried it myself.