Old Feb 05, 2014, 01:59 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,201 Posts
Yippee!
Proto X case

Hey All, ...

I'm not really a multi-rotor guy, I thought this may help a few folks out.

I bought a Proto X the other day to hold me over while the wind was still for a month leaving me Jones-in for some flying. Well after a couple of fun days, ... something fell on it, one of the motors is not working but it seems undamaged other than that, So I bought another while I dissect the first one.

The Porto X is pretty fragile and really needs a case so I was hunting on the web for what others have made for themselves. Some pretty nice ideas, but one really stands out.

I found a site with downloadable .stl files for use in a 3D printer, ... well needles to say, ... I loaded them up before leaving work yesterday and this is what was waiting for me this morning!

The Proto X nest in there floating off the bottom on a couple of small pads positively locking it in place. A rubber band is just in case the case takes a hard drop, the Proto X stays happy.

If you have access to a 3D printer, ... here is a link to the files. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:214642

Regards
Bill
MicroRotors is online now Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts