HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:57 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
770 Posts
Discussion
FMS Mini BF 109

Is there an official thread for the FMS Mini BF 109? I've searched and searched and have not found any official threads on this plane.

http://www.bananahobby.com/2260.html

Anyway, a few days ago I got this plane from Bananahobby. I've put it together and I want to know about the general flying characteristics of it. How does it fly? Do I need to add weight to the nose?

After I put it together one of the servos on the wing stopped working. At first it would move in one direction and stay stuck and would not move. Then It froze completely and it had a vibration, like something was stuck inside. I could not get it to work so I yanked it out and put in another servo I had, a Hextronik HXT 900.

That leads me to another question - I had to set up the two wing servos as dual ailerons. I have the right servo in the servo spot on my receiver and the left servo in the Aux spot on my receiver.

The problem is that the HXT 900 servo arm is a little bigger than the other stock servo. And it has more throw than the other stock servo. Is there any way I can reduce the servo arm movement for only my HXT 900 so that it will more match the stock servo? I'm using a DX6i TX. If I can't reduce the throw/movement of the HXT 900, I assume this plane will bank differently from left and right. Any idea how it will handle with this kind of mismatch? Will I be able to bank it and turn?

Thanks!
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
to remove ads between posts