HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 11:38 AM
Joined Dec 2004
456 Posts
oh yes post #3, spent hrs reading and rereading and downloading all the software, I can convert the files fine and the codecs to load in windows movie maker, but there is the issue. when editing and splitting a clip the clip goes black and i can't see the video anymore, even with a restart. Even when it is edited and watched, there are no settings on movie maker that give it HD format, everything is squashed. Yes i selected .avi firmware, but it is non-standard as stated. The editing software given on post #3 is not english and i cant follow it. I guess I'll just stick to what i been doing. Oh well.
ariesmars is offline Find More Posts by ariesmars
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesmars View Post
oh yes post #3, spent hrs reading and rereading and downloading all the software, I can convert the files fine and the codecs to load in windows movie maker, but there is the issue. when editing and splitting a clip the clip goes black and i can't see the video anymore, even with a restart. Even when it is edited and watched, there are no settings on movie maker that give it HD format, everything is squashed. Yes i selected .avi firmware, but it is non-standard as stated. The editing software given on post #3 is not english and i cant follow it. I guess I'll just stick to what i been doing. Oh well.
What editing software linked in post #3 is not in English?

Anyway, shoot the video with .MOV to avoid that non-standard .avi file problem. the re-package it into avi using direct copy of the video and audio streams. This retains the original video quality since it's not re-encoded, just re-packaged into a different container format. It it is very fast. The you have an editable .AVI file.

But you must have an old version of WMM if you can't directly load the .MOV file and get great editing quality, or you are using the wrong output profile. Selecting "best for playing on PC" (or similar wording) will give the best quality results. WMM2012 is the latest, but if you have an old PC still running an old OS like XP, you can't run that version.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Today, 04:23 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
green led not turing on

I've only had my camera a few weeks and now when I plug it into a wall charger the green led doesn't come on. any thoughts?
Delmarm is online now Find More Posts by Delmarm
Old Today, 04:27 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarm View Post
I've only had my camera a few weeks and now when I plug it into a wall charger the green led doesn't come on. any thoughts?
Are you saying the camera worked and charged OK for several weeks, and now the battery will not charge any more and the camera will not turn on?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank