HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 173 32.22%
Not sure 68 12.66%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 296 55.12%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 18, 2014, 03:39 PM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
Yes , there are some who think that, strange coincidence, I only play piano.
That's what you say now. You probably have a number of guitars someplace. It's very easy to say anything on here, Pete.
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 03:52 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress....ruth/#comments

This is a satirical video which uses the F word, so is not family friendly, and don't look at it at work.
Jim, energy companies supply energy because we, all of us, demand it. The video attempts to blame corporate mentality when each of us is asking them for their product. If there is any doublethink or conflict, it's with those who believe there is a crisis and continue to use these products. Unlike government health care, no energy company forces anyone to use its products. I would estimate that there is not a single whiner out there who does not rely in some way on hydrocarbon. If they truly believe they are "killing our grandchildren" then they are the hypocrites. I personally believe these products have more benefit than risk, so there is no hypocricy here.

This "killing our grandchildren" myth is the product of overimaginative and alarmist minds.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM
Registered User
stevenjohnsen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
That's what you say now. You probably have a number of guitars someplace. It's very easy to say anything on here, Pete.
You certainly prove "It's very easy to say anything on here". Please stop calling me Pete and make no assumptions about what instruments I may own.
stevenjohnsen is online now Find More Posts by stevenjohnsen
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
"Never assume anything". Now where have I heard that before???
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Last edited by mikefast; Yesterday at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Registered User
stevenjohnsen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
"Never assume anything". Now where have I heard that before???
Many to pick from: https://www.google.com/#q=Never+assume+anything%22.+
stevenjohnsen is online now Find More Posts by stevenjohnsen
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
In Development Now
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Joined May 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
Yes , there are some who think that, strange coincidence, I only play piano.
Actually, you saying that would be perfectly in line with the accusation and evidence presented.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM
Registered User
stevenjohnsen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Actually, you saying that would be perfectly in line with the accusation and evidence presented.
This is not a courtroom, no evidence to present.
stevenjohnsen is online now Find More Posts by stevenjohnsen
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 AM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Here is more proof that man is causing global warming, or climate change, or whatever they want to call it now. Remember how we were told that we were going to have more, and more violent storms? Well, now it is also going to be less storms that prove man is causing global warming. LOL It JUST HAS to be mans use of carbon fuels that causes anything, isn't it??

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/04/...tornado-trend/
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36 AM
In Development Now
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Joined May 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
This is not a courtroom, no evidence to present.
You are the Ricky Bobby of Debate.
Sasha Baron Cohen in Talladega Nights (2 min 48 sec)
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM
Registered User
stevenjohnsen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
You are the Ricky Bobby of Debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7UJLOyERs
Nope, I am the Steven Johnsen of Ft Wayne. Please stop with the incorrect accusations.
stevenjohnsen is online now Find More Posts by stevenjohnsen
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:48 AM
Registered User
Deadstick 8409's Avatar
Joined May 2010
900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
So we begin Friday the same place it all started. Warmists spouting dogma and presenting evidence of a warming earth, consistent with natural variation during an interglacial, as proof humans are the cause.

When your model cannot reproduce the historical record and the plateau, it is not the sign that humans must be the cause. It's a sign your model is wrong.

Notice I did not say models, plural. I said model. Actual science uses and judges single models which can be falsifiably tested, since this process is the hallmark of legitimate science.

Warming enthusiasts, I challenge you to show us a single accurate model based on a single specific theory.

We both know you cannot, so talking past and around this fact is your only option. What ever you do, don't let the inability to falsify my statement, the non existence of any correct single model, or the fact that no other science claims cherry picking from dozens of models is valid, cause a single doubt in your mind.

You know you're right no matter what even with all those problems.

That's why I used the word dogma.
Stop being so focused on models. Using past climate data instead, to determine climate sensitivity is a better approach anyway. It is impossible to model climate with its huge variables. But using past climate response is a better response.

We get it, you don't like the models. Neither do many climatologists.
Deadstick 8409 is offline Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:44 AM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
Stop being so focused on models. Using past climate data instead, to determine climate sensitivity is a better approach anyway. It is impossible to model climate with its huge variables. But using past climate response is a better response.

We get it, you don't like the models. Neither do many climatologists.
It's too complicated to model, so take a wild ass guess based on past climate.


ROTFL. Priceless.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion who do you think you are? Aaron 1 Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Feb 25, 2013 07:39 PM
Discussion What do you think caused the ice ages? Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Dec 14, 2009 07:25 AM
Discussion Human Caused Global Warming is Offically A Religion- Earth 2100 Lightnin Life, The Universe, and Politics 11 Jun 04, 2009 11:29 PM
Discussion Sad to be posting here. What do you think caused this? ndb8fxe Crash Discussion 8 Feb 28, 2009 09:57 PM
Discussion A complete list of things caused by global warming Viper Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Apr 24, 2008 06:42 PM