Joined Sep 2008
2,840 Posts
this one?
and then change the connector....?

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5739.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Mark,

If you're looking for endurance, I suggest trying the Hyperion 320. Much lighter than the Eflite 500, and it provides more power; albeit not quite as much flight-time.

Joel
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 11:22 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
this one?
and then change the connector....?

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5739.html
That's the one. Alternatively, you could get the Hyp 320 bare cell, order the pigtails w/UM connector from Glenn @ RC-connectors.com, and solder them on. You'd end up with a lighter battery that way.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2011, 06:50 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
So, got a little birthday surprise...Not one, but two F4U's! I also got a new Mosquito, T-28, P-51, PFP T-28 and P-51D canopy kits and a Sukhoi XP with all the components for brushless 2S. I love this thing, I have the 2 bound and trimmed exactly the same radio and fly them in formation cm's away from eachother. I have been having a blast with it and I have enjoyed it so much. These are gonna be kept pristine with mods to keep them pristine! I also am enjoying the other planes, and I now have the components for my all important B-25 Mitchell for my carrier launch/landing...
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old May 10, 2011, 08:13 AM
Joined Jan 2007
57 Posts
to find my battery just do a google search for Eflite 500mah 1s. You will see it there. I got the adapter from my lhs. battery is only $9.00
RICHF16 is offline Find More Posts by RICHF16
Old May 10, 2011, 09:17 AM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
I just put the aileron wires in the inboard holes and you'll find the roll rate increase dramatic. Do it that way, please. It's easy and no risk.
ho50ca is offline Find More Posts by ho50ca
Old May 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,322 Posts
I took off the landing gear due to the F4U being blown about whenever it was faing upwind. But the results were mixed:

The plane looked fantastic with no gear hanging down, and it moved like never before, but it became very, very tail-heavy. I mean, there was no amount of elevator trim you could add to rectify it.

I doubt my tiny servo covers did anything to change the CG.

Weird?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 10, 2011, 12:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
I took off the landing gear due to the F4U being blown about whenever it was faing upwind. But the results were mixed:

The plane looked fantastic with no gear hanging down, and it moved like never before, but it became very, very tail-heavy. I mean, there was no amount of elevator trim you could add to rectify it.

Weird?
My corsair will nose up the same way into the wind. I tried mine with and without my servo covers, and I don't think it really made any difference, but I have left them off just in case. The same covers do not seem to affect my Beast at all. In the calm the corsair flies just fine. I do always fly it without the gear though. If the wind is past a small amount, it is pretty well unflyable, just wants to point its nose to the sky when you head into the wind. Guess I should try getting more weight in the nose and see what that helps.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
866 Posts
Quote:

Weird?
I had to mechanically adjust my elevator when I took the gear off to get level flight with the trims neutral.
asosestrom is online now Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,682 Posts
Quote:

Weird?
This happens a lot with helicopters when you run them without the body, the air blowing down on the body tips them forward. Same thing happens with the landing gear on that plane.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old May 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Has anyone tried flaps on the Corsair yet?
I have setup flaps. She need flaps not really because of the undercumber wing type but add a lot of drag which can helpful to increase the sinkrate when the approach is to high.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old May 10, 2011, 04:45 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,088 Posts
Well alot could be said of my LHS Hobby Hangar in Chantilly Va. They are fantastic and have great customer service. I explained the elevator&aileron issues (#83) and they looked it over and saw the problem and were more than happy to replace the Corsair with another one. Good folks they are. Hopefully I'll maiden prt2 tonight when the sun is near set and the winds are calm.
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old May 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined May 2009
103 Posts
Anybody using a dx6i care to share their dual rate and expo settings
sbeirs is offline Find More Posts by sbeirs
Old May 10, 2011, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2006
505 Posts
I have make a flight video:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437521
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old May 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,178 Posts
Quote:

Weird?
Not at all weird. It's perfectly normal behavior. Many full-scale planes with retracts go through a pitch change when the gear is cycled. This usually requires a change in elevator trim - due to a CG shift and/or asymmetrical drag when the gear is down. Our models are no different in this respect.

Same thing happens with the XP when flown sans gear - but not to the same degree. It's a CG issue. Move the batt forward a bit & everything is fine.

Regarding the F4U - the strut covers' center of pressure is relatively close to the pitch axis, which means that the drag force doesn't have much of a moment on which to act. I'm thinking that the aft CG shift is the primary contributor - not the change in drag. An easy way to check - fly the bird sans strut covers with the gear on & see what happens. If it flies normally, then it's a CG problem. If it balloons, then the change in drag is the primary issue.

If you wish to fly sans gear, I suggest using a larger-capacity battery or adding a bit of ballast as far forward as possible.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,088 Posts
Aileron90% rudder 100% elevator 100% works good for high rates aillerons set at 55% leave the rest at 100% for low rates. Expo is up to your flavor. I personaly don't use them. Add some weight to the nose 1-2grams to help CoG. Check your elevator to make sure they work they get stuck because of the paint work. Also look after the ailerons to make sure they to don't get stuck seems to be a common isssue with the Corsair and Mosquito.
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER