HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,591 Posts
We'll be going to 60 acres Chuck. My Dad , and I, are looking forward to seeing the 50cc. We'll probably be there around 10 or so. What time do you plan on coming out?
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
We'll be going to 60 acres Chuck. My Dad , and I, are looking forward to seeing the 50cc. We'll probably be there around 10 or so. What time do you plan on coming out?
Steve
can't say an exact time, but I'll try early versus late morning.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:53 AM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,006 Posts
Nice afternoon/evening for some flying with the fella's.

The 50cc experienced a speed controller failure while Vitter was flying it. He had to dead stick it and made a great landing.

A 15lb plane gets heavy when ya have to carry it for 100 yards.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Would have tried coming down tonight if I'd have known you all were going to 60 acres! You all have each other's cells phones? If so, let me know and give me a ring or text.

I think I might have to try and make it out there tomorrow morning.. no batteries charged though, and got two father's day events this weekend. We'll see.

Nice looking MX2!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Last edited by jholen; Jun 19, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:49 PM
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Quiet RC Flying, website located out of Bellevue, that is closing is selling a bunch of their inventory. Bought some misc parts from him, and met him in Bellevue today. He said he has a unboxed 3DHS 57" Extra - not advertised on his website as he has no box to ship it, for sale. I asked him how much - he mentioned $220. Figured if anyone would be interested. Sounds like a good deal - 3DHS has it listed at $269.99

Also has these on his website:

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...-CAP232-25-R07

and

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...HP-SU31-25-B07

Any of these worth snatching up real quick and saving till I'm ready for balsa? Though, I am still remembering 3DHS is coming out with their $99 buck huck.
I would reiterate the statement above that these are decent, but you would want to strengthen the landing gear area. Maybe with gorilla glue like 3DHS recommends.

For anyone local who is interestested, we do have one 57" 3DHS Extra 330 SC that I would sell locally for $220 plus tax to anyone interested. You can pick it up in Bellevue.

We still have lots of inventory and everything is at least 25% off.

I hopefully will have more time to fly now and will probably fly mostly at Marymoor, but would like to try the 60 acres site while available and/or the new site in Kirkland that they were talking about.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly View Post
I would reiterate the statement above that these are decent, but you would want to strengthen the landing gear area. Maybe with gorilla glue like 3DHS recommends.

For anyone local who is interestested, we do have one 57" 3DHS Extra 330 SC that I would sell locally for $220 plus tax to anyone interested. You can pick it up in Bellevue.

We still have lots of inventory and everything is at least 25% off.

I hopefully will have more time to fly now and will probably fly mostly at Marymoor, but would like to try the 60 acres site while available and/or the new site in Kirkland that they were talking about.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
love to have you come out to 60 acres and perhaps marymoor to do some flying Chris.

Pm sent on some hyperion mini digitals, OH and what color is the 330sc?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 19, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Yeah thanks again Chris for the carbon push rods!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
257 Posts
Hey everyone, it looks like we may have some nice weather on saturday, anyone want to meet at marymoor?
ledbed6b is offline Find More Posts by ledbed6b
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:17 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
viperjody's Avatar
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
Hey local WA flyers... In case any of you are looking for a new plane or 22....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266453
viperjody is offline Find More Posts by viperjody
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2010, 01:14 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,467 Posts
Hey guys

Chuck and I got published check it out here

When are we all getting together again? I will be at Marymoor this Friday from about 1:00pm till dusk.

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:40 PM
Quadrophenia
egaus's Avatar
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Been hitting up Marymoor lately on Thurs. & Sat. I'll be there 7/3 (tomorrow) afternoon flying a new 65" Vyper. Still getting used to it. Anyone else be there?

eric
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
257 Posts
I wish I could show up but this weekend is packed for me... next weekend I will be there all day saturday.... I am really looking forward to another get together

Eli
ledbed6b is offline Find More Posts by ledbed6b
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 09:10 PM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,591 Posts
I'll shoot for next Saturday also. Maidened my 68" Velox at Marymoor today. Motor was running a little hot so I only took it up a couple of times for short periods. Wonderful flyer and will hopefully have it in good running order by next Saturday. Got to say hello to Vitter and Chet for a short time before I had to leave due to scheduling. Thanks Vitter for the help. Seems the timing needed to be changed and a few other things that will help keep the temps down.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 09:37 PM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Been hitting up Marymoor lately on Thurs. & Sat. I'll be there 7/3 (tomorrow) afternoon flying a new 65" Vyper. Still getting used to it. Anyone else be there?

eric
Nice! So you pulled the trigger on the big Vyper!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 09:38 PM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
I'll shoot for next Saturday also. Maidened my 68" Velox at Marymoor today. Motor was running a little hot so I only took it up a couple of times for short periods. Wonderful flyer and will hopefully have it in good running order by next Saturday. Got to say hello to Vitter and Chet for a short time before I had to leave due to scheduling. Thanks Vitter for the help. Seems the timing needed to be changed and a few other things that will help keep the temps down.
Steve
Congrats Steve on the new plane!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS Aspera - p/u only, Seattle or Portland Earthbound Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2009 07:16 PM
Cool seattle area pilots b36roxs Slope 0 Jul 26, 2008 12:32 PM
A Few Wood Built-up 3D Planes in the Seattle Area xwingnut Non R/C Items (FS/W) 4 Jan 07, 2008 07:12 PM
Sold Parkzone Typhoon 3D (Seattle area only) price reduced to $100 corsha99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2007 11:44 AM
Seattle Area Pilots, lets fly this weekend Todd Long Electric Plane Talk 9 Sep 08, 2001 03:40 AM