HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:40 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,927 Posts
When I got caught for over a 100 I was offered jail or ticket.

Why the hell would anyone choose jail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRotors View Post
Try turning in that loss claim now .. Rick

I thought over 100 MPH = Bracelets ... or is that your discretion?

Bill
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:50 AM
Suspended Account
NC
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
When I got caught for over a 100 I was offered jail or ticket.

Why the hell would anyone choose jail?

It's hard to get good, premium insurance, with a 100mph ticket on your record. Cliff
Flyer Deluxe is offline Find More Posts by Flyer Deluxe
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:36 PM
Sherpa
La Quinta, Ca.
Joined Sep 2003
1,629 Posts
Yes thats true Maybe thats why Wes didnt drive to the show this year. Oh wait he didnt come at all.

Wes where are you?

Sherpa
Who knows Wes has important things to attend to.
Schwemmer is offline Find More Posts by Schwemmer
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:55 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,129 Posts
there are a lot of open roads out in the California Desert and they definetly are tempting.

But hey do we really need to be running a 117 out there?

I'm not gonna preech as I have done it and guilty as chrged, now that I am older I back off and usually don;t break 80 anymore.

Will say that coming out of Vegas to LA you better get with it or get run over, LOL. I was running 105 and being passed!

Just a side note to those who enjoy those speeds, is your car really capable of running that speed safely?
I was pushing it big time in my HHR at 105, the tires are only rated for 95. I'd rather get home safely these days.
mikeruth is online now Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:59 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,927 Posts
I would say yes. New car z speed rated tires. Its not the car that is not rated for this speed its probably the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
there are a lot of open roads out in the California Desert and they definetly are tempting.

But hey do we really need to be running a 117 out there?

I'm not gonna preech as I have done it and guilty as chrged, now that I am older I back off and usually don;t break 80 anymore.

Will say that coming out of Vegas to LA you better get with it or get run over, LOL. I was running 105 and being passed!

Just a side note to those who enjoy those speeds, is your car really capable of running that speed safely?
I was pushing it big time in my HHR at 105, the tires are only rated for 95. I'd rather get home safely these days.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:26 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,704 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't necessarily believe the radar unit? My experience is that officers using them are often poorly trained- the testing of the unit is a sick joke- and the manufacturers keep the specs a deep dark secret. Anybody who's flying RC for a while knows that while our radios have gotten better- there are still glitches, lockouts, and failures. Why do we assume that police traffic radar is any better?

Furthermore- 74 mph + 117 mph is a closing speed of 191 mph. If radar units are calibrated at 35 mph and 88 mph- this is way out of the range. A 10% error is 19 mph- Wes may have been doing less than 100. It takes a fair amount of focus to drive over 100 mph- seems a little unusual that Wes might have been pushing it that quick with his wife in the car.

Remember- this is the US where theoretically (except in traffic court) where you are innocent until proven guilty.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
time to fly
arkansas
Joined Jan 2010
13 Posts
here what i got to say you all know the radars on the road take you rc out there and fly it as fast as it will go wich for my soon to be glider is 90 mph and clock it to see how fast your rc will go
TheRcHeli is offline Find More Posts by TheRcHeli
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:07 PM
Suspended Account
Newmarket,Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2002
968 Posts
my question is what was the posted speed and what is the explanation that the officer was going 74mph. Is having a badge a licence to speed? lol

I have a licence to speed.

right at the bottom it says "tear along the dotted line"
ededge2002 is offline Find More Posts by ededge2002
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
So, I was driving from Parker AZ. to Desert Center, CA across that road where there is nothing but weeds and a Fruit check point.

Why not see what the baby will do, yep she is doing fine above 80 to 100, oh boy 115, and there is still more. But then, I see a black spec in the distance coming the other way, so I slow back down to 75 and that black spec (Highway Patrol) and me pass each other. I look in the mirror and he just kept going, wasn't going to stop. I kept looking in that side mirror until he became a black spec going away...phew safe..why give a ticket out here..straight road...nothing.

That black speck suddenly made a U turn, caught up with me and promptly gave me a ticket for going 75 in a 55. He said, do you know why I came back after you? I said no. He said, you pissed me off, you saw I was Highway Patrol, I got you on the forward radar going 75 and you kept going 75 on my rear radar. You gave me no respect and it pissed me off.

That is why you see people slamming on their breaks when they see cops...it's the respect thing...Now, a few years later, tickets off my license, I show respect...then, I speed like the devil. If your gonna pass someone, make a statement, that's my motto...but show respect and at least slow down when you see Mr. HP...they do have tempers, just like us. LOL
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Many years ago I was pulled over going about 120 in a 60. Since I stopped the officer gave me a ticket for 80 in a 60. This last year my wife and I went through the local citizens police academy and spend part of a day trying to use a laser speed gun to clock cars going down a road at about 40 and it was not all that easy and any movement or anything and it would error out. The best part was driving the obstacle course in the rain. The driving instructor said if you don't smell tires and brakes when you get out you weren't going fast enough. That was fun sliding those cars around in the rain.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Name: Schwemmer punk.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 142.3 KB
Description:

Sherpa...wait until I get my eyes opened. Had to squint because of all the "wind". Oh, wait....Kathy took the pictures...
Razor48 is offline Find More Posts by Razor48