Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:21 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Holy Toledo batman!

M.Beeson, you need to get on google images and type in "Mark Brandon "chopper" Reid" he's a well known Australian.
Maybe a little

That guy, holy sh**. "You can't make this stuff up"...

link
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:25 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
So I have been wanting to shoot this canyon for some time now.

I found a place where I could set up "somewhat" LOS, and did it tonight.

I didn't get as low as I wanted to, but it was a nice first attempt.

I've just got to share this flight with you guys.

FPV - shoot the canyon (5 min 28 sec)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
Having an issue with my OSD, i have it set for Elevon for my Zephyr II, seems to work OK (surfaces move in the correct directions) but when i go to simulator and select Funjet like the manual says (for elevon) the inputs i put in don't work. In other words the simulator model just flys straight. The model surfaces move but the simulator doesn't respond. But...when i put it on Easystar everything works fine. Why is that? The RTH works in easystar but not in Funjet.

Issue 2: My Eagle Eyes ground station keeps beeping at me and the telemetry light is out but i'm clearing receiving telemetry because i see it on the screen. I've updated everything to the latest software, any ideas whats wrong?

Oh and i have the Guardian stabilizer hook up as well. Which is working properly. I don't want to fly until i know everything is working properly. Thanks

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Re issue 1, make sure you don't have any Elevon mixing set in your RC transmitter and test again.

Re issue 2, just because you can see the OSD text on screen does not mean the Telemetry data is getting through successfully.

Sometimes minor incompatabilities between Video Tx and Rx can make it difficult for the telemetry to get through.

The OSD pro deciphers gathered data and the text is written onto the video before it is transmitted.

The Telemetry is transmitted as data within the video signal and is deciphered at the other end, so there is possibility for the Telemetry data to be misinterpreted on the ground causing such problems.

Do you have the ability to try a different video Tx or Rx?

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:50 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,826 Posts
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone here is using Osd Pro and ER9X FW in a 9X radio that would care to share their .hex file with me?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:09 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
I'm using this one

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1609856
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:14 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Maybe a little

That guy, holy sh**. "You can't make this stuff up"...

link
Maybe he meant this Chopper Read.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone here is using Osd Pro and ER9X FW in a 9X radio that would care to share their .hex file with me?
Send me a pm and I will email you my file from the er9x
cody069 is online now Find More Posts by cody069
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
I use it with the eagle tree osd
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Keep in mind that apart from AHI, RSSI and second and third voltage monitoring do not display properly with the PC panel either. I also use the PC when flying, but I am not confident that these will be resolved pretty soon, because when I asked BillPa about the correct RSSI and voltages display, he said this is not high on the priority list, because most people are not using the PC panel when flying FPV.
This is Sad news! as I also was setting up a Ground station with a netbook for the gauges and just came on here to see if others where. I have spent lots of good money on ET gear having it in 4 planes and 2 helis. Shame they release these options without first finishing the code,etc...
I to would like to see this stuff work the way it's been designed otherwise why add a display for gauges that don't work....If I did only part of my job I wouldn't have one for long....my .02
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:24 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Very nice flight! when I go to Miller motorsports park, UT. I wish I had time to fly near there...lots of wide open areas .
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
Very nice flight! when I go to Miller motorsports park, UT. I wish I had time to fly near there...lots of wide open areas .
That area has a lot of Top secret installments, and your signals could potentially suffer.

It would be good to analyze the noise before flying.

Nate has had issues flying out at antelope. When he gets about half way on the south side of the island he runs into a wall of interferance.

I have heard that there is some signal jamming in that area, but have not experienced it personally.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:18 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
This is Sad news! as I also was setting up a Ground station with a netbook for the gauges and just came on here to see if others where. I have spent lots of good money on ET gear having it in 4 planes and 2 helis. Shame they release these options without first finishing the code,etc...
I to would like to see this stuff work the way it's been designed otherwise why add a display for gauges that don't work....If I did only part of my job I wouldn't have one for long....my .02
I would like to see this stuff work too, but to tbe fair, the temp 1,2 and 3 inputs work fine on the PC display. It is when they are used for their "secondary" functionality (RSSI, V2 and V3) that they do not display correctly on the PC screen. At least, there is this secondary functionality available! Regarding the AHI display, it is another example of the ET philosophy of thinking ahead, and installing stuff that will allow enhanced functionality with future firmware releases. The (currently unused) expansion port on the EagleEyes is another example of this philosophy.

I too have invested some money on ET systems (maybe not as much as you, but they may feel more to me ) and I trust that BillPa is working to fulfill the long list of our demands, sooner or later!

Regards,
Stavros
sfakias is online now Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
The (currently unused) expansion port on the EagleEyes is another example of this philosophy.

Regards,
Stavros
It's used with the LCD screen to display LAT /LONG
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Hi Kyle,

Re issue 1, make sure you don't have any Elevon mixing set in your RC transmitter and test again.

Re issue 2, just because you can see the OSD text on screen does not mean the Telemetry data is getting through successfully.

Sometimes minor incompatabilities between Video Tx and Rx can make it difficult for the telemetry to get through.

The OSD pro deciphers gathered data and the text is written onto the video before it is transmitted.

The Telemetry is transmitted as data within the video signal and is deciphered at the other end, so there is possibility for the Telemetry data to be misinterpreted on the ground causing such problems.

Do you have the ability to try a different video Tx or Rx?

Geoff
Thanks for the info, i do have the elevon function disabled on my TX but looks like the Funjet problem is a glitch. As far as the Eagle Eyes, i'm using it with no problems with my Skywalker, same type of gear in both planes so i'm not sure what the problem is. Does the telemetry only control the Eagle Eyes tracker? I''m not using one, i've got a MFD AAT that uses the audio channel to send data to the tracker. That is spliced directly into the TX audio wire, so i don't even have the audio connected to the OSD, just like in my Skywalker. If the telemetry is only for the EE tracker then i'm just going to mute it. Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:53 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Calibration for RTH in wind

FYI

cavu is fllying a skywalker, and today he was up in an unstable air mass.

He hit RTH, and the plane was getting blown off course, so it wasn't going the right direction some of the time.

It was good to see this when he didn't need it, and we could make adjustments, so that it will be dependable when he does need it.

We lowered turn integral gain 5 points below default, and it snapped to the heading.

-Mike