guys you should read this !

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707475
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
i had a spektrum rx go out on my habu, sent it back they told me rx was showing errors and sent me a new one. other than that one never had a problem
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter99 View Post
I wish that were true for my last T-28. I took it up, and it was flying great... I was about 200 yards out or so, and I lost ALL control of it. It wouldn't take any inputs, and it feel from about 150 feet up straight into the ground. I have another on the way, but I just don't know if I can trust flying it with the Spektrum TX/RX. I would hate to see it happen again. I've read quite a few horror stories about the Spektrum system. I've read that even after range checks, the receiver can drop the bind and the plane comes down. Any one here have that experience?
You have just opened a can of worms here. Bottom line its a Ford, Chevy issue. It's whatever you feel comfortable with. Seen both systems go dark for no good reason.

Ron
rdcskkrose is online now Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,289 Posts
going to purchase the pzt28 next and am enjoying reading about all the mods which i am going to enjoy doing for sure with help from this site, but... can it be safely flown stock for a while? i heard about reciever comments and dont want my plane to fly away!im using the dx6i at the moment. do i need to swap out the reciever to safely fly this plane? which make and model should i get it yes? i am new to the hobby and am trying to absorb as much as i can. trying to read all the pages on this thread. thank you, walt
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,736 Posts
Well i dont own the plane... But looking out for it and everybody seems to be happy with the plane stock set up somebody with experience with the plane will answer that questiob pretty soon
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:35 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,572 Posts
Well Walt,

If you are reading all the pages in this thread, it will take you a very long time indeed !

If by "stock" you mean the motor and ESC, I can comment. If by "stock" you mean the Spektrum radio gear I cannot, as I have always flown my models with those cheap little Tactic systems.....which have never failed me. (I guess, if you find something you like, you stick with it...)

It won't take but 5 minutes of research on this thread to determine that the T-28 has all the power you need stock, and frankly, it'll take the average flyer a long time to "outgrow" it. In fact, I don't think I'll ever outgrow this model as it is such a blast to fly. PZ scored big-time with this one, and it's legendary status amongst RC modellers stands testimony to that fact.

Cheers,
John
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,289 Posts
by stock i mean the reciever thats in the plane. i was going to get the bind n fly so i was assuming theres a reciever in there. is that wrong?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
by stock i mean the receiver thats in the plane. i was going to get the bind n fly so i was assuming theres a receiver in there. is that wrong?
You are correct. The BNF comes with a AR600 RX which is a Spektrum receiver and it will work fine with your DX6i.
jeb6684 is offline Find More Posts by jeb6684
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:23 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,289 Posts
perfect! thats what i thought. i thought i heard of people switching things out straight away and was wondering if its really required or just upgrades? i have really been enjoying moding my micro t28 and cant waitto play with something bigger. my father flew these in the navy so it means alot to me. gorgeous planes.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,784 Posts
I currently fly my PNP PZ T-28 Trojan using a DX6i TX and a Spektrum AR6115e RX. I have quite a few flights on her with no problems whatsoever. This thing about being scared to fly a plane with a Spektrum RX is getting rather silly.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,289 Posts
thank you. glad to hear it! i just want to fly her stock and have fun for a bit before i start messing about inside. im sure that day will come. just didnt want to do it the first day. i will start on the fun cosmetic things first and get it looking more scale before i start upgrading motor etc...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:31 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,604 Posts
The T-28 is the best stock flying plane I have ever had. The only reason mine is not stock now is because of a crash. I flew it two years bone stock and loved it.
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,289 Posts
i am thinking ill fly it bone stock but with a 3 blade prop for the looks. im sure i wont want more speed until i get my time logged with her. put in another 7 flights on the micro t28 tonight. cant wait for big sister.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,160 Posts
Stick with the stock prop until you get used to it. Then try the three blade, but make sure to check with a wattmeter. Reason for waiting is twofold - first you know it flies well with the stock prop, and second once you get used to how it flies you'll know if you're gaining or loosing with a three blade prop.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,245 Posts
Mine is setup right now with 3blade corsair prop. Is very good prop. Bit more speed and better vertical. Also much better looking. I got 7 minute mostly wot and cells came down around 3.85v
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX