HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
Sequim, WA
Joined Jan 2004
172 Posts
Discussion
Amati Dorade Yacht

Does anybody know of a build thread for the Amati Dorade Yacht, I'm thinking about buying one that I would like to make into an RC sailboat. Sites that sell it mention RC'ing it but I've not found any information on doing it. I've not been able to find a manual, which might help me in my decision.
Thanks in advance - Jim CJ #503
jimhurley is offline Find More Posts by jimhurley
Last edited by jimhurley; Aug 25, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:35 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,899 Posts
Hi Jim,

If you build light, which, once you've sealed the hull with glasscloth and epoxy, means removing all material from the hull that's not absolutely necessary, you'll still have a light weather sailor, unless you add a (removable) fin with a bulb, the bulb will carry the lead which would otherwise be in the keel.
This way the boat will gain sufficient righting moment to sail in just about any wind force you'll through at it.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled