HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:05 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
No, that's not what he is saying, you cant do that...

Basically, your helicopter, assuming its a CP, will use channels 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,6 , and possibly 5 depending on the gyro.

So, if your second RX is 8 channels, that means you can use channels 7 and 8 on that one, anything you plug into the other channels will just mimic what the heli control on that channel is doing....

The ONLY other option, is to replace the 8 channel receiver with one that has more channels.
I guess you didn't read my post. I said nothing about assigning channels. I said if I connected as a usual plane there would not be a way to create differential to the throttle or aileron. Yes in my Airtronics SD10G I can create a custom mix but have to make sure I assign channels. I thought some people here might have a little common sense and read manuals for thier radios
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:42 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
I guess you didn't read my post. I said nothing about assigning channels. I said if I connected as a usual plane there would not be a way to create differential to the throttle or aileron. Yes in my Airtronics SD10G I can create a custom mix but have to make sure I assign channels. I thought some people here might have a little common sense and read manuals for thier radios
Well, #1, the post you quoted above wasn't directed at you, and #2, yes I did read your post, and in my reply to YOU, I also said nothing about assigning channels.(I assume you are talking about Post #10?).
Quote:
Say I want to run half the plane and its a twin. I connect the one side as though it were the whole plane. This is then done for the other side as well. The difference is that any special programing, ie differential aileron or throttle is canceled.
That's incorrect.
Aileron and throttle differential has NOTHING to do with the receiver. Its all done in the TX, so splitting your channels between two receivers wont cause it to not function.

If you have a twin engine plane with a 7 channel receiver, you can have it set up with aileron AND throttle differential.
If you then take a second 7 channel receiver and connect half the plane on one receiver, and half the plane on a second reciver, there is nothing that would prevent aileron or throttle differential, other than plugging stuff into the wrong channels, which isn't a problem created by having two receivers, its created by not plugging stuff into the right channels. (I.E, common sense....)

When everything is on one receiver, you have channels 1.one engine, 2 one aileron, 3. elevator,4 rudder, 5, gear, 6 other aileron, and 7, other engine. You set up your radio with a mix for throttle differential mixed with rudder, and a mix for aileron differential.

When you add a second receiver to run half the plane, you unplug channels 6 and 7 from the first receiver, and plug them into the second receiver, in channels 6 and 7. maybe move the gear or rudder over as well, but honestly, it doesn't matter. your radio mixes are not affected in any way.

If you disagree, please post a specific example of why it would not work, including the channels things are plugged into to help me understand what you are saying.....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:09 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Dacur I am sorry for blasting you then. However you are correct the channel assignment is in the radio not the reciever. That being said with the Airtronics it is ele ch 1 ail ch 2 th ch3 rud ch4 gear ch5 flap ch6. Now I can go into the radio and reassign channels to whatever I want as long as they are both the same type reciever. Meaning a FHSS1 or FHSS3. I have found that with the older ones this doesn't work and have to mix channel 7 and channel 8 for throttle differential and aileron. If a person tried just plugging in aileron and fine trimming in the single channel style then plugged in his other side to the second rx he could not then try to seperately trim that aileron. This would be why the differential would be needed, or seperate aileron channel.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:12 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
If a person tried just plugging in aileron and fine trimming in the single channel style then plugged in his other side to the second rx he could not then try to seperately trim that aileron. This would be why the differential would be needed, or seperate aileron channel.
Right, but that's not a problem caused by having two receivers, Separating half the plane onto another RX didn't "cause" that problem. That's a problem caused by trying to do something impossible, which is use electronic aileron differential with both ailerons on the same channel. Obviously if you want to use electronic differential you need to have one aileron on channel 2, and one on channel 6, regardless if they are both plugged into the same RX or two different RX's. that was never in question.
Or if you are talking about a dual aileron setup with one on two and one on six and being unable to trim the one on channel 6, again that's a limitation of the radio, not the way the receivers are set up.

All I am saying is that ANY problem you have with aileron or throttle differential on a plane with two separate receivers, each controlling half the plane, you would have the same problem with one receiver as well.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:28 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
dacaur you are correct in that any problems would be the same as having one rx. Though I most likely wouldn't trust a $1000.00 plane to using 2 rx's it can be done.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:54 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
I now feel very sorry for the OP - who has most likely shuffled of to the Bar to have a beer while others have their 'discussions' ....

Does anyone actually remember the real reason for this thread ?

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:03 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post

Nigel
I do.
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:14 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I now feel very sorry for the OP - who has most likely shuffled of to the Bar to have a beer while others have their 'discussions' ....

Nigel
Oh, you mean the one that was sloved days ago? yep, I remember.... The op's questions were all answerd, and he has yet to ask more, so whats to feel sorry about?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:50 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Oh, you mean the one that was sloved days ago? yep, I remember.... The op's questions were all answerd, and he has yet to ask more, so whats to feel sorry about?

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
968 Posts
My Futaba 7c is switchable between acro and heli, and controls several Rxs- but not at the same time, I am not skilled enough to fly a plane and a heli simultaneously.
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:20 AM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
My Futaba 7c is switchable between acro and heli, and controls several Rxs- but not at the same time, I am not skilled enough to fly a plane and a heli simultaneously.
Any decent RC pilot should be able to do that. Have you tried knitting?

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel