Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Discussion
micro slipper clutch

Im new to rc cars and i got a used micro t everything seems to be working fine on it but It just feels like theres to much wheel spin when driving on my wooden flooring. After reading the manual i tried to adjust the slipper clutch by holding the gear and turning the nut clock wise , I turned it a few times in little small amounts but it doesn't feel like it is doing anything know matter how much i turn it when i moved the gear round it feels the same as before , Just want to know what or if im doing something wrong If i turn the gear cog round it should be harder to push the more times i turn the nut round clockwise?
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:23 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
You want to turn the nut counter clockwise to loosen the slipper. You'll have to set it WAY too loose to prevent wheelspin on wood flooring though. You're better off getting grippier tires and using less throttle.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You want to turn the nut counter clockwise to loosen the slipper. You'll have to set it WAY too loose to prevent wheelspin on wood flooring though. You're better off getting grippier tires and using less throttle.
thanks ! I know it wont tottaly stop wheel spin but i am hoping it will help , So i turned the nut counter clock wise a few times then i stopped and thought i really dont know what im doing i mean is they an easy way to test to see if its slipping?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:25 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Put it on carpet and listen for a slipping/whining sound under acceleration. You want as little slip as possible, and it should only slip for a foot or so.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
slipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
thanks ! I know it wont tottaly stop wheel spin but i am hoping it will help , So i turned the nut counter clock wise a few times then i stopped and thought i really dont know what im doing i mean is they an easy way to test to see if its slipping?
The easiest way to adjust the slipper is to remove the body and gear cover, have a full battery in the micro and back off the nut to the slipper (counter clockwise) Put it on the floor and test the result. Too loose and the motor will turn but it will slip so much there will be nothing to the rear wheels. Just keep turning clockwise a 1/4 turn (tighten) until you get your desired result. You stated the micro was used so if the tires are worn or bald on a wood floor it will be an impossible task. I use the losi micro street tires with chrome wheel on my wood floors. They are very hard tires but work on smooth surfaces for some reason.
new rc heli is offline Find More Posts by new rc heli
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:56 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
also check that your diff is moving freely and not binding up as many have found that the plastic tranny case when tightned all the way causes it to bind and can also cause the ill effects in driving .if you find it is binding post that it is and ill post how to fix it but it will require removing the tranny and cleaning it . as with all micro cars maintanance is a must to keep it running smooth . forign debris such as hair wrapped around an axel will cause it to spin out also .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Still having a problem it feels know matter how much i turn the nut round counter clockwise it still feels the same and it has know effect? I must have turned it round 4 whole turns and it feels the same i would be expecting the wheels not to be going round .
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:44 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Try it on carpet, you'll see it then. The problem is that wood floors have VERY little traction.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
slipper

since the car was used check to see if the slipper is "froze" together. The slipper disc may be temporarily stuck to the spur gear and that is why no matter how much you loosen it there is no change.
new rc heli is offline Find More Posts by new rc heli
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
I decided this time when turning the nut i would hold the spur gear still but also hold the middle part of the spur that is black . It was not easy to do but i did notice a difference .