HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
Discussion
CellPro 10XP adapter behavior ???

While I connect the two connector of the CP10S-GP/KO6S adapter on my CellPro 10XP, I CAN'T charge my 3 cells Lipo because I have an cell count error count message. If I charge my 6 cells Lipo, everything is ok.
On my old CellPro 10S, I can let the second connector without have any error message while i charge my 3 cells Lipo.
Is a normal behavior for the CellPro 10XP or it is a problem ?
jacquesjb is offline Find More Posts by jacquesjb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesjb View Post
While I connect the two connector of the CP10S-GP/KO6S adapter on my CellPro 10XP, I CAN'T charge my 3 cells Lipo because I have an cell count error count message. If I charge my 6 cells Lipo, everything is ok.
On my old CellPro 10S, I can let the second connector without have any error message while i charge my 3 cells Lipo.
Is a normal behavior for the CellPro 10XP or it is a problem ?
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by
Quote:
While I connect the two connector
and
Quote:
I can let the second connector
? Can you email me a picture of the charger, adapter, and battery all connected up and with the error on screen. Please send it to howard@fmadirect.com, Thanks.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
I took the photo of my CellPro 10S. I use it in this way since a long time ago and everthing work fine.
I can't take a photo of my Cellpro 10XP because I lent it to a friend and I do not have it here now.
But if I connect the CellPro 10XP in the same way, I have an cell error count.
If I remove the cable (the one with the sticker "connect for 6s only) on the channel two from the adapter, it work fine.
Question: Why it work with the CellPro 10S and NOT with the CellPro 10XP ??
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:16 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
I took the photo of my CellPro 10S. I use it in this way since a long time ago and everthing work fine.
I can't take a photo of my Cellpro 10XP because I lent it to a friend and I do not have it here now.
But if I connect the CellPro 10XP in the same way, I have an cell error count.
If I remove the cable (the one with the sticker "connect for 6s only) on the channel two from the adapter, it work fine.
Question: Why it work with the CellPro 10S and NOT with the CellPro 10XP ??
Hi:

Didn't want to leave you hanging over the weekend. Please refer to the user guide here:

http://revolectrix.fmadirect.com/sup.../item_1375.pdf

pages 21 and 22.

make sure the 10XP is set for FMA NODE WIRING, not XH/EH WIRING mode. Sometimes people think they should set the charger for XH/EH WIRING because their batteries have XH connectors. But the REVO adapterrs already convert the XH over to FMA wiring via the hardware. Also, sometimes people put the chargers in XH/EH WIRING mode without even realizing they did.

If you still have problems, please get back to us again and we'll check into this further.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
Hi,

It is the first thing that I checked and the 10XP is set for FMA NODE WIRING.
I have the FUIM3 USB Interface Module so it is easy to be sure.
As I said, If I charge one 6 cells Lipo, everything is ok.

Thank's
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

It is the first thing that I checked and the 10XP is set for FMA NODE WIRING.
I have the FUIM3 USB Interface Module so it is easy to be sure.
As I said, If I charge one 6 cells Lipo, everything is ok.

Thank's
Hi:

But if you un-plug the Ch 2 pigtail, then you can charge the 3s, right? So, although I have not tested this specific phenomenon myself, I don't think there is a problem here. It's probably just a minor difference between the way 10s and 10XP identify the packs. When you connect the 2nd pigtail, you are making pin 1 of the channel 2 balance port see a voltage. I wouldn't worry about it. Just pull the 2nd pigtail when you charge the 3s. As long as the pack is identified properly by the charger, no damage can occur to anything.

Tim Marks
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

But if you un-plug the Ch 2 pigtail, then you can charge the 3s, right? So, although I have not tested this specific phenomenon myself, I don't think there is a problem here. It's probably just a minor difference between the way 10s and 10XP identify the packs. When you connect the 2nd pigtail, you are making pin 1 of the channel 2 balance port see a voltage. I wouldn't worry about it. Just pull the 2nd pigtail when you charge the 3s. As long as the pack is identified properly by the charger, no damage can occur to anything.

Tim Marks
Right, if I un-plug the Ch 2 pigtail, then I can charge the 3s.
I just wondering if this was an normal and intentional behavior for the 10XP.
I have my 10S for 4 years now and I never disconnect the channel 2 pigtail to charge all my LiPo except when I charge two LiPo at time.
It is rather an old habit, it is just annoying a little bit.
Last edited by jacquesjb; Jan 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Right, if I un-plug the Ch 2 pigtail, then I can charge the 3s.
I just wondering if this was an normal and intentional behavior for the 10XP.
I have my 10S for 4 years now and I never disconnect the channel 2 pigtail to charge all my LiPo except when I charge two LiPo at time.
It is rather an old habit, it is just annoying a little bit.
Hi:

Sorry about that. The CP10XP is completely different firmware than the old Cellpro 10s charger. The fact that it now supports JST XH WIRING directly is probably the reason you are seeing a different behavior.

Tim Marks
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
Can Howard confirm this behavior ?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Can Howard confirm this behavior ?
Hi,

Yes, you cannot connect both the RJ1 and RJ2 pigtail if you are trying to charge 2S - 5S, the charger will error with Ch2 Bad S. Count / Node Wiring FMA.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Sep 2007
20 Posts
Thank's to Howard and Tim for your support.
Now I know