Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:35 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,889 Posts
Discussion
RC Lander Cougar by EJF

Pilots,

Today I received a nice box from Robert at Electric Jet Factory in Tucson AZ. To my knowledge this is the first Cougar to released. It is the Grey/Red version. All I can say is WOW. Looks even better in person. The version came with metal suspension retracts.

This will serve as the "Official" build thread for the Lander Cougar. I will be working on her this week, and posting pics and any ideas for mods. You comments and any "mods" you accomplish will be greatly appreciated. Lets get started with some pics:

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:58 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,831 Posts
sweet! do the metal gear legs come as part of the base package?(the 159$ one i think?) or is that a option? looks cool. id have to paint the bottom white though. they wernt greay on the bottom...then again...im pretty picky! keep the pics coming!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:26 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
Pilots,

Today I received a nice box from Robert at Electric Jet Factory in Tucson AZ. To my knowledge this is the first Cougar to released. It is the Grey/Red version. All I can say is WOW. Looks even better in person. The version came with metal suspension retracts.

This will serve as the "Official" build thread for the Lander Cougar. I will be working on her this week, and posting pics and any ideas for mods. You comments and any "mods" you accomplish will be greatly appreciated. Lets get started with some pics:

James
whoa there James! you need to tweek that camera its makin everything pink!
M.Huerta is offline Find More Posts by M.Huerta
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:52 AM
Joined Jul 2008
2,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Huerta View Post
whoa there James! you need to tweek that camera its makin everything pink!

No tweaking the camera. Its on it last leg. I think I dropped it once from about 10 feet, never been the same.

Thanks for pointing it out
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:54 AM
Joined Jul 2008
2,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
sweet! do the metal gear legs come as part of the base package?(the 159$ one i think?) or is that a option? looks cool. id have to paint the bottom white though. they wernt greay on the bottom...then again...im pretty picky! keep the pics coming!

I would have talk to Robert on that. He didnt inspect the box contents, so I would guess if you order it that way it will come with them.

PS...How are my wings coming...
Old Nov 01, 2009, 02:52 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
They cost 30.00 extra on all the lander models. Worth it in my opinion.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:48 AM
Joined Aug 2007
439 Posts
That kit looks great!
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Nov 01, 2009, 11:42 AM
Joined Jul 2008
2,889 Posts
More build pics

Ok guys,

Got some things done last night and this morning. First off sorry about the poor quality of the pictures. My camera is on it last leg, and I would rather buy RC stuff then by a new camera.

One mod I have done is removing the 2 servo plate for the the main retracts and make a new single servo plate. I did this on my RCLander Hawker Hunter and have had no issues. I also used a PZ T-28 pilot head for pilot. I painted the visor all black.

Got the tail assembly done with servos and it is drying to the main fuse as we speak.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 11:43 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Every time Lander puts out a model they just get better and better.
I picked up the new Mig 17 for myself yesterday... WOW; but it was a hard decision between that and the Cougar!!!
Keep the pics comin' even if they are PINK!

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:50 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
Man, you guys are making me JEALOUS! So many nice jets, so little time! No wonder you guys weren't at the field this morning. You have new planes to build.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:54 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Oh there's alot more going on than just Cougars and Migs...
C'mon over!!!
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:12 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
On may way shortly, will call you.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Nov 01, 2009, 02:04 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,831 Posts
drool!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 01, 2009, 04:50 PM
Joined Jul 2008
2,889 Posts
Build continues

So...since the Cardinals are getting the ARSES kicked, , the building continues. Ive got the nose assembly epoxied, nose cone epoxied, and all the control surface hinges epoxied.

I noticed that the aileron servo wire pocket ran to the retract bay??? Weird. So I made my own hole, and channeled them to the point they were meant to exit into the fuse. Not hard to do at all, just used a 1/4 drill bit and made the hole starting from the inside of wing/fuse to the underside of the wing. Hard to explain, but I will get a picture soon.

Also the wing wouldnt sit flush to the fuse, and I notice two areas that needed to be trimmed. The main wheel wells on the inside was touching a corner of foam, and the inside edges of the wing had excess foam raised by about 1/16 of an inch. My exacto # 11 blade made short work and the wing fits perfectly.

I also made a tray for the rcvr, as there is nothing inside the fuse for it, but foam. Made the tray out of 1/16 ply. There is some raised faom from the inlet peices once epoxied, that make a nice platform.

Pictures to come...have to let some epoxy dry...

Also I did some weighing of everything.

AUW 3.75lbs
WATTS 1200
Watts / lb 320

James
Old Nov 01, 2009, 05:16 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
BTW... James is using a JS1400 in this Cougar...