New Products Flash Sale

First Look! ReadyMadeRC's Mako FPV Flying Wing

Built for FPV and small in size. An FPV wing that's big enough to haul some weight and small enough to fit in the back seat!

Splash

An FPV wing that can go to the field in one piece!

The Mako is built and ready to roll! It took longer to build this review than it did to build the plane!
The Mako is built and ready to roll! It took longer to build this review than it did to build the plane!
Wingspan: 47.75 inches
Length: 21.1 inches
Weight: 1.54 pounds
Wing Loading: 30g/dm2
Servos: 9g (3 included)
Battery: Suggested 3 cell 2,220 Lipo
Motor: 2212 KV2200
Prop: 6x4 (included)
ESC: Hobbywing 30A (included)
Manufacturer: ReadyMadeRC
Available From: RMRC
Price: $ PNP: 129.99 - KIT: 84.99

I love my big FPV planes. They can haul a lot of weight, cameras and batteries but when I'm packing them to put in the car or putting them back together on my knees at the field I always think the same thing - I have to get a wing! When the guys at ReadyMadeRC said they had a mid-sized wing that was made for FPV I got pretty excited. The Mako is a perfect back seat flyer. You can utilize it as a wing or you can totally outfit it for FPV. The fuse has a huge opening. That means easy access for batteries, flight boards and more.

The Mako comes with all the servos pre-installed, motor pre-installed and most of the parts you will need to get in the air. Just add your 2200 3 cell lipo and RX and fly! The CG on the Mako is actually marked from the factory under the wings.

Since there is still ice on the ground my goal was to unbox the bird, build it and let everyone check it out. Next I will put some FPV gear on it and hope for some nice weather.

Unboxing and Build Video:

ReadyMadeRC Mako FPV Wing - RCGroups (9 min 12 sec)

Flight Video:

ReadyMadeRC Mako Wing - RCGroups (7 min 39 sec)

FPV Video:

RMRC Mako FPV Video - RCGroups (3 min 13 sec)

Features:

• An EPO FPV based wing
  • 1213mm wing span
  • Great weight capacity - up to 1.5kg
  • Low power cruise speeds
  • Locations for a gimbal, camera, TX, GPS, etc.
  • Servos can be added to the rudders
  • Indentations for throwing
  • Foam protrusions for landing
  • One foam nose for normal flying (held on with magnets)
  • Dome nose (one clear and one smoked) for FPV (held on with magnets)
  • Easy and fast build

Unboxing Photos

Build Photos:

Finished Photos:

Conclusion

I really like the looks of he RMRC Mako! The build was amazingly fast and simple. Since this was one of the first Makos in the US it had no instructions but it was so straightforward I didn't have any questions about the build. It looks great white or with stickers. I'm getting my flying setup finished today in hopes of some good weather to take it out to the field. I'm a big fan already!

Old Feb 28, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by Pkitup
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
looks good I just wonder IF it can fly like a stryker .Can you put it in a stall without having a death spiral like the tbs caipirinha?
Pkitup is offline Find More Posts by Pkitup
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by maclover1234
Is it summer yet?
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Apr 2013
75 Posts
what is the price?
maclover1234 is offline Find More Posts by maclover1234
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by Toysrme
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,977 Posts
plastic canopies are still complete fails for FPV / AP. designing a plane around one by this much. terrible. (you'd think this lesson would have been learned by the big names in FPV at this point. especially RMRC after almost everyone threw their penguin canopies away)
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Mar 01, 2015, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by onefastxp
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
585 Posts
when will it be available?
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by boopidoo
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
plastic canopies are still complete fails for FPV / AP. designing a plane around one by this much. terrible. (you'd think this lesson would have been learned by the big names in FPV at this point. especially RMRC after almost everyone threw their penguin canopies away)
Doesn't have to be a failure but it's difficult to get right.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Mar 01, 2015, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
12,078 Posts
The prices are listed in the spec box:
Price: $ PNP: 129.99 - KIT: 84.99
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 01, 2015, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by ouraydog
Joined Aug 2013
8 Posts
The camera lens should be placed as close to the bubble as possible (to minimize reflections) and the axis of the camera should line up with the radius of the bubble (to minimize distortion)

If you do this you will get a good result, any variation from the above will result in poorer quality images. The goal is to get a central ray of light to pass straight through the bubble and hit the camera imager at a 90 degree angle.
ouraydog is offline Find More Posts by ouraydog
Old Mar 01, 2015, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by joelwhite
Joined Sep 2014
407 Posts
Could also leave the foam nose on and put your cam on top. There is a removable panel between the nose and black cockpit that is nice and flat. Looks like plenty of room inside too
joelwhite is online now Find More Posts by joelwhite
Old Mar 01, 2015, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by amba
Joined Feb 2011
258 Posts
Really looks promising.
I'm flying a skywalker X5 for over a year now, Love the dimensions as well as the performance envelope. The battery / electronics bay which was considered huge at the time it came out now seem kind of cramped. The Mako could be worthy upgrade.

Like others, me to am not a huge fan of plastic domes, even for FPV I think I'd put the foam nose and a pan or pan/tilt camera on top.
amba is offline Find More Posts by amba
Old Mar 02, 2015, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Breezer1
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Joined Aug 2005
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
when will it be available?
You could get on a, "Pre Order" list, and when there are enough pre orders to warrant a commitment to the factory in China they will place the order and then the wait begins.
Or, 1,697 posts on this RCG thread, with all of the speculation, innuendo, subterfuge, and drooling.
Whichever comes first.

Here we go again!

Breezer1
Breezer1 is offline Find More Posts by Breezer1
Old Mar 02, 2015, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by McCleary.11
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Mar 2006
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer1 View Post
You could get on a, "Pre Order" list, and when there are enough pre orders to warrant a commitment to the factory in China they will place the order and then the wait begins.
Or, 1,697 posts on this RCG thread, with all of the speculation, innuendo, subterfuge, and drooling.
Whichever comes first.

Here we go again!

Breezer1
Haha, that will NOT be happening... The latest info from the shipping company is an estimated port arrival of 3/10. Of course this is subject to change, but they are definitely on the way to us.
McCleary.11 is offline Find More Posts by McCleary.11
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2015, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by shelbonic
Joined Dec 2013
111 Posts
When has readymade ever not dropped an
Item lol. They take bad products down so I will review when I get mine in a week or 2 LMAO
shelbonic is offline Find More Posts by shelbonic
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by voxel
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,986 Posts
Flew this at the CFL FPV meet - it's really nimble and light! And it has tons of interior space (more than the RVJet). I flew it inverted and tried a reverse cuban eight with it. Could be a dual-purpose plane (aerobatic and FPV) whereas the mini skyhunter is just a "fly-straight" plane.

I own various wings RVjets (2), FX-61, FX-84, Strykers (full and baby). It's closer to a light short-wing RVJet or Stryker.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Mar 03, 2015, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by Tommygunn
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
1,094 Posts
Voxel,
How does it compare to the FX-61?

Tom.
Tommygunn is online now Find More Posts by Tommygunn