HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:05 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,229 Posts
Discussion
ALZRC Devil FAST 480

Anybody order one yet. It looks good! 6s, 360mm blades.

That could be a good motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24433

It probably take same size servo as a 450 but not sure.

Anybody received one yet?

Spec:

Features:

●New design 480 size helicopter, equipped with 325 to 360mm main blade and 22.2v power, if epuipped with 360mm main blade,can improve the wind resistance and flight control.
●Equipped with SDC flybarless head assembly, with extremely low CG design to minimize wind resistance, providing more direct and precise flight control response and higher top speed.
●New main shaft block and servo mounting block to simplify main shaft and servo maintenance.
●Integrated battery and ESC mounting platform, with adjusted battery position to achieve the most optimal CG position of the helicopter.
●Vertical rudder servo mount design for closer CG, increasing the sportiness of 3D flights.
●New improved frame side plates with dedicated 3GY mounting location, to simplify wire management and overall aesthetics.
●New style gyro mounting platform with added length.
●Highly rigid and lightweight carbon side plates.
●New style tail control assembly for slop free tail, improving on rudder resolution and control precision.
●Unique anti-centripetal force weight tail blade grips to improve rudder locking effect.
●Highly efficient torque tube tail drive design, dramatically reduce power loss found on belt driven system.
●Streamlined design canopy.

●Length:670mm
●Heighe:215mm
●Main Blade Length:360mm
●Main Rotor Diameter:780mm
●Tail Rotor Dimeter:165mm
●Motor Pinion Gear:12T
●Main Drive Gear:121T
●Autorotation Tail Drive Gear:106T
●Tail Drive Gear:25T
●Drive Gear Ratio:1:10.08:4.24
●Weight(w/o main blade):540g

Equipment required:

Lipo battery / 6S1P 22.2v 1200-1500mah
ESC / Up to 40A ,support 6S 22.2v
BLS Motor / Support 6S 22.2v 1600 to 1800KV

link for manual: http://www.alzrc.com/en/DownloadView.asp?/62.html

ALZRC Devil FAST 480 promo video (2 min 38 sec)
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
WOW look like goblin heli.....nice
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:59 AM
Crash Expert
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
433 Posts
a little over 30 mm bigger than a 450!
Swat342 is offline Find More Posts by Swat342
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:50 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
WOW look like goblin heli.....nice
Look like but not the same at all, it look more like a stretch T-Rex 450. I wonder how easy it will be to find parts, maybe some parts are interchangeable with the 450.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Dec 2009
194 Posts
Still waiting for mine to arrive, I went with the same motor from HK. I'm curious what blades if any are included since the description mentions 360mm if equipped.
Troy S is offline Find More Posts by Troy S
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Jun 2008
470 Posts
That's a bit different to the devil 450, the rudder control rod is inside the boom and you mount your 3 axis gyro on the rear mount as the housing is larger there's room for a flybarless controller on the boom block.
I'm getting one with some tgy 306 on cyclic a 40 a yep esc and 1700kv ntm motor from hobbyking. No sure on what to use for the tail servo yet......oops just noticed you posted the link of the same motor..HK do the 6s batteries that are the same size as 3s 2200ma too.
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Last edited by fishfiend; Nov 10, 2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: extra info
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:31 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,229 Posts
Good to see that you are getting it! I'm looking forwards to see photos and your first impression of the kit, fit and overall quality. Hopefully the blade will be included.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Jun 2008
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
Good to see that you are getting it! I'm looking forwards to see photos and your first impression of the kit, fit and overall quality. Hopefully the blade will be included.
You may have to wait a while, I'm amassing the parts for a build over xmas ...can't wait!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:27 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Hoping for one for christmas.....
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
Hoping for one for christmas.....
That would be nice!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
838 Posts
Anyone can already comment on quality?
How does it fare compared to align or gaui?
hamburger is online now Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Dec 2009
194 Posts
Well my devil finally arrived yesterday!

Unfortunately the canopy was crushed in on one side cracking it in several places, but it's still usable. I emailed alzrc and they said they are shipping me a replacement.

As far as comparing it to others, I have only been flying helis for about 2 months so I don't have a lot of experience with it but I can tell you how things went with the build.

The head and tail assemblies were already together and most screws were loctited and no grease in the thrust bearings. Unlike the HK 450 the frame is not assembled and the manual is not in the box so i had to download it. The head and grips are a much tighter setup then my hk 450tt and align 450 with tarot flybarless head, and it looks very nice. The head and the tail moves very smoothly.

The fiberglass parts doesn't have the best finish, the canopy is better then the tail, but the paint was nice and it has a great looking scheme. Of the 4 screw holes to fasten the tail to the fuse I had to file three holes to line up and the forth hole was nowhere close so I had to make my own.

The biggest issue I ran into was the out of round gears in the boom block, it has the same setup as the align so I was ably to use a spare set of gears that I had. It helped but didn't completely fix the problem, the gear clearance is very tight at one point so not the extremely smooth movement I get when I turn the aligns blades by hand, but it was flyable. I think I will have to file the boom mount holes slightly so I can slide it back just a hair for clearance.

As far as for the maiden flight, not only does it look great in the air but most of the guys commented that they loved the sound, I don't know if it is because it is enclosed in the canopy but it has a quiet smooth sound to it that makes it sound as good as it looks.

My setup is:
NTM 1700 kv motor
YEP 45amp ESC
ZYX-S flybarless
Gens Ace 6S 1200 30c
D654 Solar servos with the foam piece under the motor
Power HH 3688HB tail

Hope this gives you guys some usable info, over all I would gladly do it again and I am sure I will be seeing a few more at our field in the future.
Troy S is offline Find More Posts by Troy S
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:35 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,229 Posts
Nice to see that it all went good with it. Any pics? To bad about the canopy. Nice setup by the way!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Dec 2009
194 Posts
Lets see if I have this picture thing figured out.

Name: image2.jpg
Views: 560
Size: 269.1 KB
Description:

Name: image3.jpg
Views: 566
Size: 270.9 KB
Description:

Name: image3.jpg
Views: 485
Size: 233.8 KB
Description: