Axle209 is offline Find More Posts by Axle209
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2014, 03:21 PM
Axle209
Sacramento
Joined Jan 2006
303 Posts
Motor Question

I have repaired my Mystique and replaced the motor with Hacker A3012x v3 700 KV. My issue is prop adapter that came with the motor was a little long, so I used the prop adapter that came with nose cone prop assembly for the Mystique, I placed two washers behind prop to ensure the prop did not rub on fuse. I tried tighten down real tight and ran the motor but prop comes off after about 10 second of a motor run, tried this twice with same results (nose cone not installed yet). So what prop adapter and prop did you guys use with this motor in the Mystique.

Thanks
Axle209 is offline Find More Posts by Axle209
Old Sep 20, 2014, 05:12 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,526 Posts
Wing Support Issue?

Has the wing tube support design been revised? I have read reports of failures last year.
Electromagnetic is online now Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
Joined May 2013
5 Posts
Motor

Hi all

Of course there are many motor / props options. But the easy way is the Eflite 25 / Eflite alum spinner with prop. Itīs just screw in place. CG, back plate gap, prop assembling and wire fittings, all this issues are solved in just one step. I never missed a prop.
Power is more than enought to put Mystique at good thermal height in 20 seconds.
For shure there are other more powerfull motors, but only a special need for extra power may explain other options, IMHO.
Please I don't want open a debate about motor preferences. I just prefer the simplest way to do things.
Once I needed buy all the stuff for Mystique, I ordered as per manual, except for radio and servos ( mine is all JR ). E Flite 25 motor, E flite speed 60A and E Flite prop assembly. Battery is a Thunder Power 3S 3300 mAh.
After more than 70 hours of flying time I'm convinced had gone the right way. After all this time I needed only change a prop blade due a scratch with a little rock at landing and a tailplane carbon rod.
crsc
crsc is offline Find More Posts by crsc
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
Joined Aug 2010
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic View Post
Has the wing tube support design been revised? I have read reports of failures last year.
Bump
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks