SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,020 Posts
I'm just in the process of installing the Microheli titanium tail pitch slider. I notice the plastic linkages are a very tight fit between the metal jaws, and they would not swing free like the stock ones did. Do I need to sand them down so they swing free around the pins? Also, should I use the stock pins or the Microheli ones? The MH ones look a little ratty compared to the originals.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,783 Posts
You might want to consider sanding them down if they are tight fitting. Mine didn't swing all that freely but they did move without much pressure at all. They seem to be working fine in that state (I didn't sand mine).

I used the stock pins. I also put a little dab of CA gel on each end of the pin after I installed it (as per the instructions from Microheli). Just be sure to do one side at a time and let it dry facing down just in case the glue drips into the hole... (with gel, it probably won't, but best be safe, right?)
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Cool!!! Thanks.

How come they only seem to have the red anywhere in stock? I thought I'd get the silver one but they seem to be really hard to come by.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
Thats what my buddy used it works great. Super awesome tail servo. Just kidding, not super awesome at all.

It's a perfect tail servo.
Is there an adapter for the servo plug or do you just splice in the cable from an old 130X stock servo? If that's the case, what colors match up to which?

BladeScraper, do you have any pix of your buddy's 130X install? I'd like to see the servo horn he used and which hole the arm went into.

EDIT: Found some info & pix here:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ighlight=ds76t

From post #32 of that thread:

Quote:
DS76 - Stock
Black - Brown
Red - Red
Orange - dull orange
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=32
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RoboHeli; Yesterday at 09:12 PM. Reason: Found some of the info & pix I was looking for...
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Jul 2012
472 Posts
My KBDD tail blades came today and they're awesome! Pretty much completely eliminated the wag
BrendanH is online now Find More Posts by BrendanH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Good week!
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,020 Posts
Well I put the Microheli pitch control slider on and it flies, but something is not right. I've just run one battery through it, hovering in the house to see how it works. The rudder is more twitchy than it was with the stock slider but there is something else going on.

After about a minute, the revs suddenly decreased noticeably. It was as though something instantly changed so I landed and looked it over but couldn't see anything wrong with the gears. I started hovering again and then suddenly the revs went back up to normal for a minute or so, and then went back down again. In general it doesn't seem to be as smooth or quiet as with the stock slider.

The heli is stock except for the new slider, and metal A and D gears. I was running all metal gears for a few flights, but after reading back in this thread I decided to leave C as plastic.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Cool!!! Thanks.

How come they only seem to have the red anywhere in stock? I thought I'd get the silver one but they seem to be really hard to come by.
http://www.helidirect.com/lynx-130-x...er-p-31744.hdx
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Today, 02:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Yeah, I checked there as well but they're out of stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2013
313 Posts
Did you guys see that ebay has several vendors selling NIB blade 130Xs for 117 shipped?

I just got me a backup
mini guy is online now Find More Posts by mini guy
Old Today, 08:47 AM
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini guy View Post
Did you guys see that ebay has several vendors selling NIB blade 130Xs for 117 shipped?

I just got me a backup
zip it
sbmon is offline Find More Posts by sbmon
Old Today, 10:35 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,020 Posts
I finally got the Microheli titanium pitch slider to work properly, and now it flies as well as with the stock one. Having broken two stock sliders, the adventure continues and we'll see what breaks next. The problem was the glue that was used on the ends of the pins as per MH's instructions, and the solution was to get rid of it. If anybody is wondering, there is zero chance that it wicked it's way into where it shouldn't have gone.

The linkages were super tight going into the metal slider, unlike the stock one where they flop freely. I sanded them down enough to fit with no slop but still free to move. When I took it all apart after the problematic test flight, I noticed they no longer moved free. They still moved but it took some force. I used a knife to shave the little "cap" of glue off the ends of the pins and the problem was solved.

Here's what I discovered, and it applies to both the stock one and the MH one. You would think that the pin should be tight with the slider and the rotation would occur between the pin and the plastic link. It's actually the opposite of that. The pin fits tightly through the hole in the link, and rotates in the holes of the metal slider. If you glue the ends and fix it to the metal, that forces it to rotate in the middle through the hole in the plastic. That's a tight fit and the end result is the freedom of movement is lost.

It works ok now, but there is nothing to prevent the pins from falling out other than the tightness of the hole in the plastic link. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old Today, 01:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,783 Posts
@Jovanx : Sorry it ended up being such a pain to get working. Glad you have it flying properly again.

Maybe it was because I used thick CA gel that my pitch slider didn't sieze up like yours. I don't know. I do remember making sure that each arm moved freely before I put it on the heli.
RCG Plus Member